Monster truck driver Mario D. was given an unconditional prison sentence of 15 months on appeal on Wednesday for causing an accident with his monster truck in which three people were killed and 23 were injured. D. is also banned from practicing his profession - a professional stuntman - for five years, NU.nl reports.
The Public Prosecutor posted a video on YouTube in which it explains its position in the appeal trial on a fatal monster truck accident in Haaksbergen in 2014. The Council for the Judiciary is surprised that this video was made public even before the appeal happened, NOS reports.
Stunt driver Mario D. is appealing against the ruling of the Almelo court in a 2014 monster truck accident that killed three people and seriously injured 28 others. According to D.'s lawyer the court "assumed an excessively high degree of guilt"
The stunt driver involved in a monster truck crash that left three people dead and injured many others was sentenced to 15 months in jail at a court hearing on Friday. The court ruled that Mario D., an experienced stunt driver, was responsible in the accident, which saw the truck careen out of control and crash into a gathered crowd in Haaksbergen, Overijssel.
The Public Prosecutor demanded a prison sentence of 18 months against Mario D., the man who drove his monster truck into his audience in Haaksbergen in 2014, killing three people. The Prosecutor also wants D. banned from driving a monster truck for the next 10 years
In court on Monday monster truck driver Mario D. maintained that something went wrong with his truck's brakes and that he could not stop when he crashed into his audience in Haaksbergen in 2014. Three people were killed and 28 others were injured.
Monster truck driver Mario D. is appearing in the court in Almelo on Monday after he drove his monster truck into the audience during a stunt in Haaksbergen in 2014. Event organizer Sterevenementen is also appearing in court
The municipality of Haaksbergen was wrong to issue a permit for the event in which a monster truck crashed into the audience, killed three people and wounded 28 others in September last year, the court in Overijssel ruled on Wednesday. The victims are holding the municipality liable.
Mario D., the driver of the monster truck involved in the fatal accident in Haaksbergen in September last year, was driving too fast, made steering mistakes and braked too late. And all this in a too small area.
Monster truck driver Mario Doornink and Stichting Sterevenementen will be prosecuted for the fatal monster truck accident in Haaksbergen. Doornink and the foundation will face charges of manslaughter and inflicting grievous bodily harm
Mayor Hans Gerritsen of Haaksbergen resigned on Wednesday night, acknowledging that the city council no longer has enough confidence in him after the drama surrounding the monster truck accident. "The confidence of the council is crucial for a mayor", Gerritsen said.
The permit granted by the municipality of Haaksbergen to the monster truck event last year made little or no contribution to the safety of the public. That is the conclusion of the Dutch Safety Board in the investigation into the monster truck accident in Haaksbergen last year that left 3 people dead and 28 others injured.
The municipality of Haaksbergen says that no mistakes were made when granting a permit for the infamous event with the monster truck last year. According to Mayor Hans Gerritsen, the safety instructions were adequate, which means that the permit will not have to be nullified, NOS reports.
The Dutch Safety Board is continuing its investigation into the fatal monster truck accident in Haaksbergen, and will release a report on the incident no sooner than May. The public prosecutor also will not have completed their criminal investigation until even later in the year, a spokesperson told Nu.nl on Wednesday.
Stunt driver Mario Doornink, who killed three people and injured 28 in an accident during a stunt last year, doesn't know whether he will ever drive his monster truck again. He spoke to the AD about the incident.
The driver of the monster truck that fatally drove into the crowd during an automotive show in Haaksbergen could soon be back in his vehicle. The truck, however, is not yet being returned to stuntman Mario D., but to the Waarborgfonds Motorverkeer (Motor Traffic Guarantee Fund), determined a court in Almelo. The stuntman was also responsible for a poorly executed stunt which led to the injury of a young girl.
The foundation Guarantee Fund Motor Traffic has seized three properties of stunt driver Mario Doornink. Among these are a large house in Vijfhuizen, once owned by Heineken kidnapper Cor van Hout. Doornink bought the building in 2009.
Oude Breuil, the attorney for the monster truck driver who crashed into a crowd of people months ago, is livid over the investigative report broadcast concerning his client, Mario D., that was broadcast Thursday night.
The driver of a monster truck that crashed into a crowd leaving three people dead, also lost control of a race car and slamming into an audience, injuring six. The drag racing stunt happened four years earlier in Asten, Noord Brabant, according to television show Brandpunt Reporter.
Last night the police performed braking tests with a car on Stationsstraat in Haaksbergen as part of the investigation into the monster truck accident in Haaksbergen on September 28th.
It will still be some time before we have the results of the investigations into the accident with the monster truck in Haaksbergen.
The monster truck driver who was involved in the tragic accident in which three people were killed last month, Mario D., has been involved in earlier stunts that were poorly executed to the effect that a young girl was injured, De Telegraaf reports.
Police on Wednesday released monster truck driver Mario D. from custody. The man was behind the wheel when his 1,500-horsepower truck drove into an audience after performing a stunt in Haaksbergen, Overijssel on Sunday.
The driver of the monster truck that crashed into a crowd of spectators Sunday afternoon is still being held in police custody two days later, according to newswire ANP. Three people died in the accident that left 40 others injured, five of whom are in critical condition.