The police infiltrated the group of seven suspects arrested last month for planning a major attack in the Netherlands. An undercover cop made contact with main suspect Hardi N., pretended to be an "attack planner" for terrorist organization Islamic State, and helped the group to plan their attack and arrange weapons, RTL Nieuws and NRC report.
Seven men suspected of preparing for a large terrorist attack in the Netherlands, will stay in custody for at least another 14 days, the court in Rotterdam decided. According ot the judge, there is sufficient evidence to extend their remand, NOS reports.
The Public Prosecutor added a charge of possession of child pornography against Jos B., the man already suspected of sexually abusing and killing 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in Brunssummerheide in 1998. The 55-year-old man was reprimanded into another 90 days of custody by the court on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
Jawed S., the 19-year-old man arrested for stabbing two American tourists at Amsterdam Central Station on Friday, told the authorities that he committed the attack because people in the Netherlands insult Islam, the Public Prosecutor said on Monday afternoon, NU.nl reports.
A 45-year-old man from the municipality of Maasdriel is in custody on suspicion of sexually abusing at least five children and producing child pornography, was revealed during a private meeting for around 30 parents in the Kerkdriel town hall on Thursday evening, Omroep Gelderland reports.
The man was arrested on July 26th and he was remanded into custody for another 90 days earlier this month. After his arrest, the police searched his home and seized various items. According to the Public Prosecutor, five victims are known so far.
A man from Schiedam was remanded to 30 days in custody on Tuesday. He was arrested earlier this month for threatening to commit a terrorist attack following the death of PVV city councilor in The Hague Willie Dille, ANP reports.
On Sunday evening the police arrested two men, age 22 and 27 years, in the Bloemhof district of Rotterdam. They are suspected of preparing for a terrorist crime and participating in a terrorist organization, the Public Prosecutor announced after their arraignment on Thursday.
The arrests were made based on information from intelligence and security service AIVD. The suspects' home was searched and phones and data carriers were seized. No weapons or explosives were found.
Mayor Pauline Krikke of The Hague visited two of the three victims who were stabbed on Johanna Westerdijkplein on Saturday. They are doing reasonably well under the circumstances, she said after visiting them in hospital on Monday, RTL Nieuws reports.
Three men from Amsterdam were arrested on suspicion of involvement in the assassination of Ali Motamed in Almere in December 2015, the police announced in a statement.
An 18-year-old Oosterhout man arrested in connection with DDoS attacks on Dutch financial institutions, wanted "to show that a teenager can simply crash all banks with a relatively simple attack", suspect Jelle S. wrote in an email to the Volkskrant shorty before his arrest.
A 37-year-old doctor from Leiden is suspected of sexually abusing at least three underage girls and of secretly taking videos and photos of naked patients. The court in The Hague remanded him into custody for 60 days on Wednesday, NU.nl reports.
The man worked as a temp in various GP practices. He was arrested on October 24th, after the parents of one girl pressed charges against him. "The suspicion has now ben extended with a possible second and third case", the Prosecutor said. The sexual abuse did not happen in a doctor's practice, according to the Prosecutor.
On Friday the court in Utrecht remanded a 16-year-old boy from Den Bosch suspected of murdering 14-year-old Savannah Dekker from Bunschoten into custody for another three months. This was the teen boy's second appearance in court since he was arrested in June, AD reports.
A 15-year-old boy from Amsterdam and an 18-year-old boy from Duiven were arrested for ordering a firearm, with ammunition and silencer, on the dark web. The two were remanded into custody on Friday by the Rotterdam magistrate, NU.nl reports.
The 15-year-old was arrested on October 25th, when he went to pick up the weapon at the older boy's instruction in Breda. An undercover police officer was waiting for him at the address, and arrested him. The Duiven boy was arrested at the same time on Amsterdam Central Station, where he was waiting for his friend to return with the firearm.
The court remanded Michael P. into custody for another 90 days on Thursday. The Zeewolde man is suspected of involvement in the murder of 25-year-old Anne Faber from Utrecht. According to the court, there is currently not enough evidence to keep P. in custody for more than three months, NU.nl reports.
A fourth suspect in an attempt to hijack a helicopter and break an Amsterdam gang leader from the prison in Roermond last week, was arrested. The suspect was arrested on Thursday last week, a day after the attempted jailbreak. He and three other suspects were arraigned and remanded into restricted custody, ANP reports.
A 46-year-old man arrested after a 12-year-old girl was found dead in his car in Assen on Saturday, was remanded into custody for another 14 days on Wednesday. The man is officially suspected of murder or manslaughter, the Public Prosecutor announced on Twitter.
A pedagogical assistant suspected of sexually abusing two girls in his care at a Patrou child care institution in De Bilt, will remain in custody for another 60 days, the court ruled on Friday, NU.nl reports.
Bart C., 27, was arrested in August after two girls from the same family told their parents he made them perform sexual acts with him. He confessed to doing so after his arrest.
A 19-year-old man from Bavel has been in custody for three and a half months on suspicion of raping a 12-year-old girl and sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl. He also had nude photos of dozens of other young girls in his possession, which the authorities believe he convinced them to send him through online chats. The youngest victim is 8-years-old, BN DeStem reports.
Bart C., a pedagogical assistant accused of sexually abusing multiple children at a Patrou establishment in De Bilt, was remanded into custody for another 30 days by the Midden-Nederland Court on Friday, RTV Utrecht reports.
Two men suspected of endangering public health in the fipronil contaminated eggs crisis were remanded into custody for 14 days by a magistrate on Tuesday. The two suspects are managers at Barneveld pest control company ChickFriend, the company considered to be the source of the fipronil contamination in the Netherlands, NU.nl reports.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of setting a fire in an apartment building on Rode Kruislaan in Diemen last week. One person was killed and four others were injured in the fire.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Utrecht last week on suspicion of involvement in a terrorist offense, the Public Prosecutor announced on Wednesday. He was remanded to custody for 14 days during his arraignment on Tuesday.
The young man was arrested on Thursday, June 15th. According to the Prosecutor, he is suspected of spreading propaganda for terrorist organization ISIS, including violent videos. There are also indications that he instructed other on how to make explosives. The police are investigating.