A large fire broke out in a furniture store on Scheepmakersstraat in The Hague on Monday morning. Multiple buildings, including a hostel, were evacuated. Two people were injured and taken to hospital by ambulance. A third was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, NU.nl reports.
A total of 100 people were evacuated, including around 80 from the hostel, the fire brigade reports. They spent sometime on the street in the cold and rain before being taken to Station Hollands Spoor by bus, where there is more shelter, a spokesperson said to the newspaper.