The court may show video footage of the murder of 16-year-old Humeyra at her Rotterdam school during the trial against suspected gunman Bekir E., was revealed during a proforma hearing on Thursday. The trail against E. and his suspected accomplice Mohammed Al-M. will likely start in November, AD reports.
The court sentenced a 17-year-old boy to 200 hours of community service and one year of conditionally suspended juvenile detention for firing an air gun at his school in Roermond last year. The court considered it proven that the boy aimed to shoot a fellow pupil who bullied him and worked on a premeditated plan, 1Limburg reports.
Humeyra, a 16-year-old girl who was shot and killed at her school in Rotterdam in December, reported her ex-boyfriend to the police on four separate occasions, filing charges of assault, stalking and threats against him. For eight months she lived in fear of Bekir E., her ex-boyfriend who is now suspected of killing her, RTL Nieuws reports based on the police reports the girl filed.
A 16-year-old boy who went to his Roermond school heavily armed last year, tried to murder two people, according to the Public Prosecutor. The boy will therefore be charged with double attempted murder, De Limburger reports.
Bekir E., the 31-year-old man accused of gunning down 16-year-old Humeyra Ergincanli at her school in Rotterdam, appeared in court for the first time for a proforma hearing on Tuesday. Codefendant Mohammed Al-M. told the court that E. made up a story that he wanted to kidnap Humeyra, not kill her.
An 18-year-old man from Amsterdam was arrested at the end of last year for threatening to commit a school shooting. Footage of other school shootings and bomb attacks were found on his phone. The arrest was only announced now due to the personal circumstances and the young age of the suspect, a spokesperson for the Public Prosecutor said to AT5.
The suspect was arrested after the posted a comment on a YouTube video saying that he was planning his own school shooting, according to the Amsterdam broadcaster. The man was busy making firearms and knives and acquiring a balaclava.
Bekir E., the man suspected of murdering Humeyra Oz at her school in Rotterdam, confessed to shooting and killing the 16-year-old girl. According to his lawyers, he regrets what he did. "It is terrible, I had no right to do this to Humeyra and her family", E. said in a statement.
The family of Humeyra Oz, a 16-year-old girl shot and killed at her Rotterdam school in December, is considering taking legal steps against the police. They are convinced that Humeyra would still be alive if the police had done their jobs, AD reports.
A 25-year-old man suspected of involvement in the murder of 16-year-old Humeyra Oz at her Rotterdam school has to go back into custody, the court in Rotterdam ruled. But the man has disappeared without a trace. "We are looking for him", a spokesperson for the Public Prosecution Service said to NU.nl on Friday.
The police arrested a third suspect for involvement in the murder of 16-year-old Humeyra Oz at the Designcollege in Rotterdam. The 31-year-old man from Rotterdam was arrested on Monday, the police said on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
A 31-year-old man arrested for shooting and killing a 16-year-old girl at a school in Rotterdam on Tuesday, has a criminal record. He was convicted last year and is currently on probation. A spokesperson for the Public Prosecutor could not say for what crime exactly the man was convicted, RTL Nieuws reports.
The young victim's name was Humeyra Öz, according to newspaper AD. NOS identifies the suspect as Bekir E.
A shooting at a Rotterdam school left a 16-year-old girl dead, according to police. The shooting took place on Essenburgstraat. Emergency services were called to the street and also Beukelsdijk at about 1:10 p.m. on Tuesday.
Police said the victim knew her assailant, a 31-year-old Rotterdam man, who was arrested in the immediate aftermath. He was taken into custody nearby on Bergselaan.
Authorities did not disclose how the suspect and victim are connected.
A 16-year-old boy who fired multiple gunshots at his school in Roermond on Friday, will not be allowed to return to the school, the mayor of Roermond said at a meeting fro parents on Saturday. The teenager was showing positive development and the school had no indications that he was planning an attack, NOS reports.
The police found multiple weapons, including an air pistol, two knives, and a hatchet on a 16-year-old boy arrested for a shooting at the KEC school in Roermond on Friday morning, the police confirmed to 1Limburg.
The boy entered the school on Hillenraedtstraat at around 8:30 a.m. with his arsenal. He fired multiple shots, both inside and outside the school building. No one was injured.
Teachers kept the teenager talking until the police arrived and overpowered him.
The police arrested a 16-year-old boy after a shooting at the Kennis- en Expertisecentrum (KEC) de Donderberg in Roermond on Friday morning. No one was injured, NOS reports.
The boy arrived at te school with a firearm at around 8:30 a.m. He fired multiple shots, both inside and outside the school. No one was hit.
Teachers tried to keep the teenager talking while the police responded. Officers arrived a few minutes later and overpowered the boy outside the school.
The Alfa college in Hoogeveen decided to cancel its annual disaster drill - a school-shooting this year - for the time being. The drill will be held later in the year. The reason for the postponement has to do with the enormous media attention the staged school-shooting received, a spokesperson for the school said to Dagblad van het Noorden.
The Alfa college in Hoogeveen will be running school-shooting drills next week, the school informed pupils and parents in a letter. The school wants to train pupils how to react if they are ever faced with such violence. General education union AOb is baffled by the exercise, but the police applaud it, AD reports.
On Saturday March 24th, high school pupils and their families will protest in Amsterdam and The Hague to show solidarity with the March for Our Lives movement in the United States, the organizers announced in a press statement. The movement is a protest against gun violence in the U.S.
American actor Samuel L. Jackson praised a parody video made by Dutch TV show Zondag met Lubach about the United States' national rifle association NRA. The video, made in October 2017, rebrands the NRA as nonsensical rifle addiction, and describes the large number of gun deaths in the U.S. as a humanitarian disaster caused by this disease.
"Every day 40 U.S. citizens die because of a terrible epidemic: Nonsensical Rifle Addiction", the video says.
Police officers ran a training drill on how to deal with school shootings in a building of a Leeuwarden college. Victims and perpetrators were all played by students following some form of security training, to make the exercise as realistic as possible for police officers, NOS reports.
According to the police, preventing a panic is the most important thing when dealing with such an incident. Follow the instructions of first responders - both police and paramedics - they know where the safe places are.
An 18-year-old boy, who is staying in Costa Rica, is suspected as the one who has threatened to do a shooting at a school in Leiden. The suspect is a previous student of a high school in Leiden. The boy has not been arrested. Because he is staying abroad, it is impossible that his threat can be executed. Thus, the police can now stop securing the schools.
The police have confirmed the arrest of a minor in connection with a shooting threat at a school in Leiden.
Suspect has mental problems
The police have not given details about the arrest as the role of the suspect is not clear yet. “It is possible that he is not the one,” said the police.