The suspect arrested for a fatal shooting at La Piccola Baracca pizzeria in Amsterdam earlier this week is a 41-year-old man from Amstelveen, the police announced. The man was arraigned on Friday and remanded into custody for 14 days, after which the examining magistrate will reassess the need to extend his pre-trial custody, the Public Prosecution Service confirmed.
A woman and a child were found dead in a home on Martin Luther Kinglaan in Diemen on Friday, the Public Prosecutor announced on Tuesday. The police arrested a 48-year-old man, the tenant of the home.
According to AT5, the victims are a mother and her newborn baby. The police initially did not think that the mother and child were killed in a crime, but now have strong indications that this was the case, the Amsterdam broadcaster writes.
A 16-year-old boy suspected of stabbing a 15-year-old girl to death in a Breda home on Monday was remanded to 14 days in custody by the court in Breda during his arraignment on Thursday. The Public Prosecutor suspects the boy of murder or manslaughter, AD reports.
The girl, identified as Megan by local media, was stabbed stabbed in a home on Bilderdijkstraat in Breda, where she lived with her mother. Despite emergency services' attempts to resuscitate her, she died at the scene.
A 49-year-old American man arrested in the disappearance of a 12-year-old girl from Rotterdam on Friday, is suspected of kidnapping and sexual abuse her, the Public Prosecutor said in a statement on Monday to NL Times. The man was arraigned on Monday and remanded into custody for two weeks while the investigation continues.
Last week customs officers found crystal meth and ketamine at a transport company in De Lier. The drugs were hidden in a shipment of frozen chicken drumsticks, which were on their way to England, the Public Prosecutor said in a statement.
The discovery was made on April 17th. A 32-year-old man from Amsterdam was arrested on suspicion of involvement in drug trafficking and money laundering. He was arraigned earlier this week and remanded into custody for another two weeks.
The 37-year-old man suspected of opening fire on a tram in Utrecht on Monday, killing three people, confessed to the attack, the Public Prosecutor's office (OM) said on Friday. Meanwhile the release was ordered in the case of the 40-year-old resident of the home where Gokmen T. was arrested.
T. was remanded into custody for two weeks in a hearing earlier that day. "He also stated that he acted alone. In light of the investigation, no comment can be given regarding his statement," the OM said.
On Sunday evening the police arrested two men, age 22 and 27 years, in the Bloemhof district of Rotterdam. They are suspected of preparing for a terrorist crime and participating in a terrorist organization, the Public Prosecutor announced after their arraignment on Thursday.
The arrests were made based on information from intelligence and security service AIVD. The suspects' home was searched and phones and data carriers were seized. No weapons or explosives were found.
Mayor Pauline Krikke of The Hague visited two of the three victims who were stabbed on Johanna Westerdijkplein on Saturday. They are doing reasonably well under the circumstances, she said after visiting them in hospital on Monday, RTL Nieuws reports.
"They are doing reasonably well, but it will take a long time before they are both physically and mentally on top of it again", she said. She will visit the third victim as soon as his medical condition permits it.
Three men from Amsterdam were arrested on suspicion of involvement in the assassination of Ali Motamed in Almere in December 2015, the police announced in a statement.
An 18-year-old Oosterhout man arrested in connection with DDoS attacks on Dutch financial institutions, wanted "to show that a teenager can simply crash all banks with a relatively simple attack", suspect Jelle S. wrote in an email to the Volkskrant shorty before his arrest.
The Public Prosecutor released two of four men who were arrested in Rotterdam on terrorism suspicions from custody. The other two men will be arraigned on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
Investigation into a 30-year-old man from Delft and a 23-year-old from Gouda did not reveal any indications of involvement in terrorism, the Prosecutor said. They were released from custody on Wednesday, but remain suspects.
A fourth suspect in an attempt to hijack a helicopter and break an Amsterdam gang leader from the prison in Roermond last week, was arrested. The suspect was arrested on Thursday last week, a day after the attempted jailbreak. He and three other suspects were arraigned and remanded into restricted custody, ANP reports.
A 46-year-old man arrested after a 12-year-old girl was found dead in his car in Assen on Saturday, was remanded into custody for another 14 days on Wednesday. The man is officially suspected of murder or manslaughter, the Public Prosecutor announced on Twitter.
The search for missing 25-year-old Anne Faber from Utrecht continues in a nature reserve in Zeewolde on Thursday. The police started searching the area on Wednesday, but had to stop when darkness fell. 27-year-old suspect Michael P. will be arraigned on Thursday afternoon, NOS reports.
The Public Prosecutor wants to keep the 22-year-old man suspected of involvement in a terrorist threat in Rotterdam in custody. The young man will be arraigned before the end of the day, NOS reports.
Two men suspected of endangering public health in the fipronil contaminated eggs crisis were remanded into custody for 14 days by a magistrate on Tuesday. The two suspects are managers at Barneveld pest control company ChickFriend, the company considered to be the source of the fipronil contamination in the Netherlands, NU.nl reports.
Two Dutch suspects arrested last week in connection with the so-called fipronil scandal, will be arraigned on Tuesday. The magistrate will decide whether they will be kept in custody, ANP reports.
It seems that the man who stabbed a 38-year-old man to death on an Amsterdam subway on Thursday, did not know his victim, the Public Prosecutor said during the suspect's arraignment on Monday. The motive for the attack is still unclear, Het Parool reports.
Two Dutch terror suspects arrested in Suriname on Sunday are brothers N.H. and R.H. who live in Paramaribo and work in an Islamic butchery in the Surinamese capital. Both were born in the Netherlands and have Dutch nationality. Their family is shocked by the arrests, NOS reports.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of setting a fire in an apartment building on Rode Kruislaan in Diemen last week. One person was killed and four others were injured in the fire.
The police made three new arrests in the investigation into the kidnapping of a 37-year-old Rotterdam man in Amstelveen in March. They will be arraigned on Friday, AT5 reports.
A 29-year-old man previously arrested in this case appeared in court on Friday morning. During the hearing it was revealed that the kidnappers wanted a million euros in ransom. The victim had one hour to arrange the money. "Otherwise something would happen to his wife and children", the prosecutor said.
An 18-year-old man was arrested in Utrecht last week on suspicion of involvement in a terrorist offense, the Public Prosecutor announced on Wednesday. He was remanded to custody for 14 days during his arraignment on Tuesday.
The young man was arrested on Thursday, June 15th. According to the Prosecutor, he is suspected of spreading propaganda for terrorist organization ISIS, including violent videos. There are also indications that he instructed other on how to make explosives. The police are investigating.
An Amsterdam man arrested at the Philips Stadium in Eindhoven during a Guus Meeuwis concert on June 9th, is suspected of preparing for a terrorist offense, the Public Prosecutor announced. The suspect was released from custody at his arraignment on Friday.
A 35-year-old man who kidnapped his three young children from their mother's Enschede home last month, was extradited to the Netherlands, the Public Prosecutor said in a statement.