The Public Prosecutor demanded a prison sentence of 18 months against Mario D., the man who drove his monster truck into his audience in Haaksbergen in 2014, killing three people. The Prosecutor also wants D. banned from driving a monster truck for the next 10 years
In court on Monday monster truck driver Mario D. maintained that something went wrong with his truck's brakes and that he could not stop when he crashed into his audience in Haaksbergen in 2014. Three people were killed and 28 others were injured.
Monster truck driver Mario D. is appearing in the court in Almelo on Monday after he drove his monster truck into the audience during a stunt in Haaksbergen in 2014. Event organizer Sterevenementen is also appearing in court
The municipality of Haaksbergen was wrong to issue a permit for the event in which a monster truck crashed into the audience, killed three people and wounded 28 others in September last year, the court in Overijssel ruled on Wednesday. The victims are holding the municipality liable.
Monster truck driver Mario Doornink and Stichting Sterevenementen will be prosecuted for the fatal monster truck accident in Haaksbergen. Doornink and the foundation will face charges of manslaughter and inflicting grievous bodily harm
Mayor Hans Gerritsen of Haaksbergen resigned on Wednesday night, acknowledging that the city council no longer has enough confidence in him after the drama surrounding the monster truck accident. "The confidence of the council is crucial for a mayor", Gerritsen said.
The permit granted by the municipality of Haaksbergen to the monster truck event last year made little or no contribution to the safety of the public. That is the conclusion of the Dutch Safety Board in the investigation into the monster truck accident in Haaksbergen last year that left 3 people dead and 28 others injured.
The municipality of Haaksbergen says that no mistakes were made when granting a permit for the infamous event with the monster truck last year. According to Mayor Hans Gerritsen, the safety instructions were adequate, which means that the permit will not have to be nullified, NOS reports.
Stuntman Mario D. will be questioned under oath by the court in Den Bosch today regarding a race car accident he was allegedly involved in Asten in 2010.
Stunt driver Mario Doornink, who killed three people and injured 28 in an accident during a stunt last year, doesn't know whether he will ever drive his monster truck again. He spoke to the AD about the incident.
Last night the police performed braking tests with a car on Stationsstraat in Haaksbergen as part of the investigation into the monster truck accident in Haaksbergen on September 28th.
It will still be some time before we have the results of the investigations into the accident with the monster truck in Haaksbergen.
More than three hundred people attended the memorial for the monster truck accident at the St. Pancratius church in Haaksbergen this Sunday.
The monster truck driver who was involved in the tragic accident in which three people were killed last month, Mario D., has been involved in earlier stunts that were poorly executed to the effect that a young girl was injured, De Telegraaf reports.
The municipality of Haaksbergen has clarified the number of victims still in hospital after the monster truck crash of last weekend, by issuing a 'state of affairs' on the municipality website, De Volkskrant reports.
The province of Overijssel has cancelled five upcoming monster truck shows out of respect for the victims and surviving relatives of last weekend's tragic accident in Haaksbergen that claimed three lives, the NOS reports.
International American and European monster truck show guidelines specifically stipulate that there should be no public standing in the direction of monster trucks. This comes from RTV Oost on the basis of established guidelines from the Monster Truck Racing Association Europe.