Two injured in Alblasserdam shooting discharged from hospital
The two people who were injured in the shooting in Alblasserdam earlier this month have been released from the hospital, the Public Prosecution Service (OM) reported. The suspect will appear in court again on Thursday, according to the OM.
The OM can make no further comments. The investigation into the suspect, a 38-year-old man who confessed to the shooting, is still ongoing. He is accused of shooting four people at the Tro Tardi care farm in Alblasserdam on Friday, May 6. A 34-year-old woman and a 16-year-old girl were killed and two others were seriously injured. The man from neighboring village Oud-Alblas is also suspected of shooting and killing a shopkeeper in Vlissingen two days earlier.
Two women from Alblasserdam were also killed in a traffic accident in Zuid-Holland municipality on the same Friday. The two women were on a scooter together when they collided with a passenger car, driven by a man from Papendrecht. A 19-year-old woman died shortly after the accident and an 18-year-old woman later died in hospital.
Mayor of Dordrecht, Wouter Kolff, and Mayor of Alblasserdam, Jaap Paans, tweeted a farewell message on Monday afternoon for the 16-year-old girl from Dordrecht who died in the shooting incident. "This afternoon, in the presence of many on the edge of Nieuwe Biesbosch, we said goodbye to 'a primal daughter of Mother Nature,'" said Paans. He referred to her as "pure-blooded horse girl. May this farewell also bring strength to her loved ones." Kolff said about the ceremony: "An emotional, but also beautiful tribute to this sweet horse-loving girl. We deeply sympathize with her parents, brother, and other loved ones."
Young people in Alblasserdam gathered to speak about the events on Sunday evening - a meeting that Mayor Jaap Paans also attended.
Reporting by ANP