Nabil B. is again threatening to withdraw his testimony as key witness in the investigations into a series of underworld assassinations, because he feels the Dutch authorities are not doing enough to protect his family. His family also wants compensation for the effects B.'s role as key witness are having on their lives, B.'s lawyer Bart Stapert said in an interim hearing, the Telegraaf reports.
A 40-year-old man from Hilversum arrested on suspicion of murdering key witness Nabil B.'s brother March, confessed to the murder, the Public Prosecutor announced, NU.nl reports.
The man only confessed to killing Reduan B. at his office in Amsterdam, and did not say whether he was ordered to do so or give any names or information that could lead to other suspects. He will appear in court on July 5th.
Nabil B., a key witness in multiple investigations into assassinations, is threatening to retract his testimony if his family is not better protected. According to him, the murder of his brother shows that his family is not getting adequate protection, B.'s lawyer Bart Stapert said during a pro-forma hearing in the criminal case against B. on Tuesday, ANP reports.
One of the suspects arrested in connection with the murder of Reduan B., brother of key witness Nabil B., was released from custody. The 34-year-old woman was suspected of illegal firearm possession, but investigation did not connect her to B.'s murder in Amsterdam-Noord in any way, the Public Prosecutor said on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
According to the Prosecutor, weapons were found in the woman's home, where she lives with her partner. But at this stage there is no reason to keep her in custody. A magistrate in Amsterdam released her on Thursday morning.
The police raided five homes in Utrecht, Bunschoten-Spakenburg and Amersfoort on Tuesday as part of a major investigation into a number of assassinations and attempted assassinations in the Utrecht region. Two persons from Bunschoten-Spakenburg, aged 24 and 33 years, were arrested. The police also seized four firearms and a number of other items, AD reports.
On Tuesday morning the police arrested two suspects in connection with the murder of Hakim Chengachi in Utrecht on January 12th. Chengachi was gunned down in the doorway of his apartment building on Faustdreef in Overvecht.
On Saturday the police arrested two men in Huizen after a long car chase. The suspects had two automatic firearms in the car with them. Sources of newspaper AD claim that they were on their way to assassinate a man, after they shot and killed the wrong man last week.
The suspects were spotted on Faustdreef on Saturday night. The police found them suspicious and decided to pull their car over. Instead of pulling over, the men sped off and the police gave chase. They were eventually arrested in Huizen.