American couple tell about Dutch model's final night before fatal fall

Nearly four months after her death, the American couple Ivana Smit spent her final night with before falling to her death in Kuala Lumpur, agreed to speak to the media. Alexander Johnson and his wife Luna Almaz met the 19-year-old Dutch model in October and had an intimate relationship with her. They went out together and had a threesome shortly before her death on December 7th, the couple told The Mail on Sunday.

Ivana's naked body was found on a balcony on the 6th floor of a skyscraper in Kuala Lumpur on December 7th. She had fallen from the American couple's apartment on the 20th floor. The Malaysian authorities concluded that her death was an accident, but Ivana's family did not believe it and hired a lawyer and a private detective to find out what happened. British private detective Mark Williams-Thomas concluded that if Ivana had died in Britain, the case would be treated as a homicide. Dutch pathologist Frank de Groot did an autopsy on the young woman's body and concluded that not all her injuries are consistent with a fall from a great height. 

"This case is an object lesson in how false claims and fake news can come close to destroying people", Johnson said to the British newspaper. He and his wife have been threatened, and there was even an attempt to kidnap their 5-year-old daughter, since Ivana died, he said.

According to the couple, they met Ivana at a Halloween party in nightclub Prime in Kuala Lumpur through a mutual acquaintance. Luna and Ivana quickly hit it of and the Dutch model and couple started a relationship. The couple says that their previous relationships of this kind had always been brief, but they had a real connection with Ivana and their relationship lasted up until her death. 

On December 6th the Johnsons met Ivana at a models night at club Mantra. They spent the night dancing and drinking, and left together to go to 9 Club. There they continued to drink heavily. Footage from that club showed Alex Johnson later carrying Ivana out of the club. That was around 5:20 a.m. on December 7th.  According to Mail on Sunday, footage from the couple's apartment building show Ivana walking in by herself. 

They arrived at the couple's apartment around 5:45 and Ivana and Luna sat on the sofa drinking cider, according to the couple. When the couple's daughter woke up, Luna and Ivana had breakfast with her. "Ivana was hammered. I kept talking to her as I got my daughter ready for school. Ivana lay down while I took her there", Luna said to the newspaper. Luna was out for around 30 minutes, returning at 8:45 a.m. When she got back, the three had a threesome. 

Afterwards Luna and Alex lay down in the bedroom, they told the newspaper. Luna came out to the lounge around 10:00 a.m. to find Ivana "wandering around, talking to herself and giggling", she said. "I was so tired after all this partying. At 10:15 I went back to the bedroom. When my head hit the pillow, I passed out."

According to Luna, she woke up again at 1:25 p.m. and found Ivana's clothes, shoes and phone in the apartment, but no sign of the young model herself. "I thought maybe she had borrowed some of my clothes and gone to a photo shoot she'd mentioned." Luna said to the newspaper. She went back to sleep, until the couple was woken by the police at around 5:00 p.m. A technician had found Ivana's body around 2:20 p.m. 

The two were arrested and spent two weeks in custody before being released without charges pressed. "When I talk about her death, my hands are shaking, I have a pain in my heart. I feel so sad. But because I have been fighting to prove my innocence, I haven't been able to grieve", Luna told the newspaper.