Tarik Z., the young man who tried to hijack the 8:00 p.m. news at broadcaster NOS in January, was sentenced to 40 months in prison, 24 of which conditionally suspended, by the court in Leeuwarden on Tuesday. The Public Prosecutor demanded a four year prison sentence.
The appeal in the case against Tarik Z., the young man who tried to hijack the 8:00 p.m. NOS news broadcast in January, started in the court in Leeuwarden on Tuesday. The Public Prosecutor demanded 4 years in prison, one of which conditionally suspended, against the man, according to reporter Raymond Boere tweeting live from the courtroom.
The court in Lelystad sentenced Tarik Z. - the man responsible for the hostage situation at the NOS Journaal earlier this year - to 30 months in prison, 15 of which suspended, on Friday.
The Public Prosecutor demanded a 4 year prison sentence against Tarkk Z. - the 20 year old responsible for the hostage situation at the NOS Journaal earlier this year - in the court in Lelystad on Friday. According two the two psychiatrists who examined Z., he does not need psychological treatment - he suffers from "delusional ideas", but does not have an actual disorder.
Tarik Z., the man who used a fake weapon to force his way into the NOS building in January, appeared in court on Tuesday. The court ruled that he would remain in custody until the trial on June 19th. His lawyer, Ton Visser, did not ask that his client be released from custody, NOS reports.
Tarik Z., who allegedly used a fake gun to take a security guard as a hostage at the NOS studios in January, will appear in front of court on Tuesday, the Public Prosecutor announced. The now 20-year old man is suspected of kidnapping, threats and illegal possession of a weapon for the incident at the Hilversum Media Park.
Tarik Z., who forced his way into NOS news studios and held a security guard hostage, will appear before court for the first time in an initial hearing on May 12, NOS reports. The first substantial hearing is scheduled for June 19, says the Dutch Public Prosecutor.
The hostage incident from last night has led to a confession. 19-year old Tarik Z. held a security guard hostage with a fake gun demanding airtime at NOS. The severe situation led to tightened security measures at Hilversum Media Park and boosted the public safety debate around the country. However even serious incidents have their flip sides.
The 19 year old Tarik Z., who held a security guard hostage and demanded airtime at NOS last night, has confessed. He said that he acted alone and not on behalf of a terrorist group or other organization.
According to psychologist and professor Hjalmar van Marle, health care professionals should be extra alert when it comes to disturbed people. He said this following the incident in the NOS building last night.
For the first time in history the 20:00 news was not broadcast last night due to a man forcing himself into the NOS studios demanding airtime. The man, who was carrying a (later identified as) fake pistol, entered the building shortly before 20:00. The police arrested him in a recording studio at about 20:10.
In the wake of the hostage incident at NOS TV station, authorities have said that they would be beefing up security at the Media Park in Hilversum even more.
An armed man tried to hold the production facility of television broadcaster NOS hostage in an unsuccessful attempt to get airtime. Police reportedly captured the man and took him into custody.