The Public Prosecution Service must prosecute writer, presenter and program maker Jelle Brandt Corstius for his allegations against TV producer Gijs van Dam, the Court of Appeal ruled on Tuesday in an Article 12 procedure Van Dam had filed, NOS reports.
A teenager from Tilburg is facing threats after the police mistakenly showed a photo of him as a suspect in the assault of a 73-year-old man on television program Bureau Brabant on Monday. The boy's family is considering filing a damage claim and pressing charges of slander and libel, the family confirmed to Brabants Dagblad.
Dutch television presenter Jelle Brandt Corstius is preparing to press rape charges against producer Gijs van Dam, he announced on Twitter, thereby confirming that it was indeed Van Dam who he accused of raping him in an anonymized article in Trouw last week. Van Dam appeared on Pauw on Monday night, denying the rape accusations and announcing that he is filing charges of libel and slander against Brandt Corstius.
Last week Jelle Brandt Corstius told the world that he was raped while working for talk show Barend & Van Dorp in 2002. While his article in newspaper Trouw and his interview on De Wereld Draait Door named no names, the man he accused of rape is TV producer Gijs van Dam. Van Dam denies the accusations and is pressing charges of libel and slander against Brandt Corstius, him and his lawyer announced on Pauw on Monday.
Klaas Otto, founder of outlaw motorcycle gang No Surrender, is pressing slander charges against Breda chief prosecutor Charles van der Voort and Bergen op Zoom mayor Frank Petter, his lawyer Louis de Leon confirmed to AD. The reason for the charges is recent publications in the Volkskrant and the Telegraaf in which Van der Voort linked Otto to two assassinations and Petter called him a professional criminal.
A Roosendaal man believes his ex-wife is behind his home being targeted in a shooting on Sunday night, he said to Omroep Brabant. The home on Diepenberg in Roosendaal was hit by several bullets around 11:00 p.m. on Easter. No one was injured.
Octave Durham, one of the two men convicted for stealing two Vincent van Gogh paintings from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam in 2002, claims that after the robbery he went into hiding and got refuge from football legend Patrick Kluivert in Barcelona. Kluivert calls these allegations pure nonsense and plans on suing Durham for libel, his lawyer said to AD.
A Transavia flight attendant and her jilted husband are appearing in the court in The Hague on Monday. The court will decide whether a diary containing the flight attendant's alleged sexual escapades with pilots may be made public, RTL Nieuws reports.
Scandal is brewing at Transavia. "A female flight attendant had various sexual encounters with other crew members, including pilots in the cockpit, during work hours," according to a journal she kept at home, her husband claims. Her spouse claims he found the digital diary she kept about her extramarital affairs and is now threatening to publish the escapades in detail, the
Motorcycle club Veterans is in the court in Den Bosch on Tuesday to demand that National Police Chief Gerard Bouman be prosecuted for wrongly labeling the club as a criminal organization.
The biggest mystery in Prinsenbeek at the moment is who has been sending hurtful letters to many of its residents these past seventeen years?