The Netherlands escaped a terrorist attack that could've resulted in "dozens of victims" with the arrest of seven suspects in Arnhem and Weert in September last year, the Public Prosecutor said in court on Thursday - the first proforma hearing in this case. Only three of the six suspects still in detention were present at the hearing, AD reports.
Three porters of the W Amsterdam hotel were arrested for selling drugs to guests at the hotel. They were caught in an undercover police action. The three were dismissed with immediate effect and will appear in court on Friday, AT5 reports.
The trial against former police officer Mark M., suspected of selling police information to criminals, was delayed until at least December so that other witnesses can be questioned. In court on Tuesday M. said that he searched the police database as a "hobby", though refused to explain how the data he searched for ended up in criminal hands. He also claims that the police lured him into a trap when he was arrested, the Volkskrant reports
Three suspects have been arrested in a case involving extortion, blackmail and pedophilia. A man from Helmond was lured to a house in Roermond with the promise of sex with two young girls, aged 13 and 14 years. Once there three other adults forced him to pay 40 thousand euros.