A man who was found dead in the Utrecht village of Wilnis on Wednesday, was acquitted in February of stalking a woman who was shot and killed in Mijdrecht on Tuesday night. The woman pressed charges against the 54-year-old man in September last year, accusing him of insulting and stalking her between May and September 2018, NOS reports.
A 54-year-old man from Zegveld was found dead along the roadside in the Utrecht village of Wilnis on Wednesday morning. He was identified as the stalker of a woman who was shot and killed in a home in the nearby Mijdrecht on Tuesday night, NOS reports.
The man's body was found on Amstelkade. According to the police, the man took his own life. The police are investigating whether the man was involved in the woman's death, and whether his suicide had anything to do with it.
Bekir E., the 31-year-old man accused of gunning down 16-year-old Humeyra Ergincanli at her school in Rotterdam, appeared in court for the first time for a proforma hearing on Tuesday. Codefendant Mohammed Al-M. told the court that E. made up a story that he wanted to kidnap Humeyra, not kill her.
A woman died in a shooting incident in a home on Landsherenstraat in Mijdrecht on Tuesday night. The police are looking for one suspect, the Utrecht police said on Twitter. A helicopter was deployed to aid in the search.
The police responded to the home at around 11:00 p.m. after receiving a report of a shooting, according to newspaper AD. Responding officers found the critically injured woman inside. Paramedics tried to resuscitate her, but it was to no avail. She died at the scene.
The motive for the shooting is not yet clear. The police are investigating.
The 37-year-old man suspected of opening fire on a tram in Utrecht on Monday, killing three people, confessed to the attack, the Public Prosecutor's office (OM) said on Friday. Meanwhile the release was ordered in the case of the 40-year-old resident of the home where Gokmen T. was arrested.
T. was remanded into custody for two weeks in a hearing earlier that day. "He also stated that he acted alone. In light of the investigation, no comment can be given regarding his statement," the OM said.
The police found no indications that suspected gunman Gokmen T. received help from other people in the shooting on 24 Oktoberplein in Utrecht on Monday. He acted alone with terrorist intent, the Public Prosecutor said in a statement on Thursday.
A man was killed in a shooting on Oranjeboomstraat in Rotterdam Zuid on Wednesday evening. Emergency services responded to the scene at around 10:20 p.m., after reports of screaming and a man with a bullet wound lying on the street, a spokesperson for the police told NU.nl.
Paramedics tried to help the man, but it was to no avail. He succumbed to his injuries around 30 minutes after emergency services arrived. The identity of the victim is not yet known.
Three people were arrested in the Dominican Republic in connection with the death of a 55-year-old Dutch man last week. The suspects are the victim's 22-year-old wife and two men in their twenties, NOS reports.
The Dutch man was gunned down at his home in Puerto Plata. He was shot multiple times while sitting in his car.
According to Dominican media, one of the male suspects had a relationship with the victim's wife. She asked him to kill her husband for around 3,500 euros.
The police released the identity and photo of the suspect in the murder of rap artist Feis in Rotterdam on New Year's morning. The suspect is 25-year-old Silfano Junior Monteiro, nickname 'Fano'. He was identified based on tips and extensive investigation, the police said on Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday.
A suspect wanted for shooting and killing a man in an Amsterdam restaurant in July last year, is also suspected of a murder in Budapest in September and a murder in Belgrade last month, the police said in Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday. According to the police, 38-year-old Caba D. is a contract killer with Hungarian and Serbian nationality.
A 49-year-old Dutch man was shot and killed in the Colombian municipality of Copacabana, about 20 kilometers north of the city of Medelin. He was shot near his home on Monday. The perpetrator or perpetrators were on a motorcycle, NU.nl reports.
The man died from wounds sustained in the shooting, the local authorities said to newspaper El Colombiano. The authorities could not say anything about the motive for the murder. Local media report that the Dutch man lived in Copacabana for around 6 months.
A 59-year-old man suspected of a fatal shooting in Oss on Monday, died in hospital on Thursday, the police confirmed. The man was found severely injured in his home on Monday afternoon, after he came into the picture as a suspect.
The police believe the man attempted to take his own life.
The victim of a fatal shooting in Oss on Monday morning was identified by local media as 43-year-old Hakan Zatsan. The man had no criminal record, owned a company that specializes in the development and repair of cleaning systems, and also sponsored clothing for the youth of TOP Oss for years. "Hakan was a very sweet, hardworking man who would not hurt a fly", a family member said to Brabants Dagblad.
A 59-year-old man was arrested for a fatal shooting in Oss on Monday morning. The police raided the suspect's home on Molenweg in the Noord-Brabant city on Monday afternoon and found the man seriously injured inside. The police believe he tried to commit suicide, Omroep Brabant reports.
The man emerged as a suspect during the investigation into the shooting on Anna Bijnstraat, in which a 43-year-old man was killed. According to the broadcaster, the victim and suspect have had a business conflict for some time.
A man was shot and killed on Anna Bijnstraat in Oss on Monday morning. The police cordoned off the street for investigation.
The shooting happened around 8:00 a.m. near a shopping center, according to NU.nl. A trauma helicopter was dispatched to the scene, but the call was canceled once it became clear that the man could not be saved. He died at the scene.
Anna Bijstraat is located in a residential neighborhood in the southwest of the city.
Micheal Fudge, who was killed in a police shooting near Dutch central bank DNB on Westeinde in Amsterdam on Wednesday, suffered severe anxiety disorders his entire life, according to his mother. He wanted euthanasia, but when he could not get it, he opted for suicide by cop, mother Tanja Samojlenko said to Het Parool.
Police officers who shot and killed a suspect in Roermond after an attempted helicopter hijacking in October 2017, will not be prosecuted for doing so. The use of their firearms was justified, the Public Prosecutor decided, NU.nl reports.
The police shot and killed a man near Dutch central bank DNB in Amsterdam at around 7:15 p.m. on Wednesday. Officers shot the 31-year-old man from Amsterdam when he came at them with a gun, the police said, NU.nl reports.
The 31-year-old brother of murdered rapper Feis woke up from his coma, the police announced. The man was seriously injured during the early morning hours of New Year's day in a shooting that left his brother dead.
The police arrested a 28-year-old man from Rotterdam on Wednesday in connection with the murder of 44-year-old Kemal Zengin in Venlo in 2017. This is the first suspect arrested in this case.
A man was shot and killed in The Hague on Tuesday afternoon. The incident happened on Netscherstraat in Schilderswijk at around 1:00 p.m. Shortly after the shooting a person turned themselves in at a police station. The person was arrested and the police are investigating their involvement, NOS reports.
Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb of Rotterdam visited the Designcollege on Wednesday. He attended a meeting for pupils about the death of 16-year-old Humeyra Oz, who was shot at the school on Tuesday. The police, Victim Support and Turkish consul Aytac Yilmaz also attended the meeting, NU.nl reports.
A 31-year-old man arrested for shooting and killing a 16-year-old girl at a school in Rotterdam on Tuesday, has a criminal record. He was convicted last year and is currently on probation. A spokesperson for the Public Prosecutor could not say for what crime exactly the man was convicted, RTL Nieuws reports.
The young victim's name was Humeyra Öz, according to newspaper AD. NOS identifies the suspect as Bekir E.
Prime Minister Mark Rutte reacted in horror to reports of a shooting at a Christmas market in the French city of Strasbourg on Tuesday evening. At least three people were killed and 12 injured, six of whom are in a serious condition, French Interior Minister Christophe Castaner confirmed, BBC reports.
"Horrible reports about the shooting in Strasbourg", the Dutch Prime Minister said on Twitter. "My thoughts are with the victims and their next of kin. I have conveyed my condolences to President Emmanuel Macron."