The Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management will implement new, temporary rules for Stint electric cargo bikes next month. This will make clear to the manufacturers what adjustments need to be made for Stints to be allowed back on the road, RTL Nieuws reports.
Stint electric cargo bikes are not safe enough for passenger transport, TNO concluded after studying the electric bikes. According to Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure and Water Management, this means that Stints will only be allowed back on the road after adjustments have been made to the vehicle, NOS reports.
Measurements will be taken at two railway crossings in Oss following a fatal accident involving a Stint electric cargo bike and a train at the crossing on Braakstraat in September. The measurements will focus on electromagnetic radiation from the level crossing installation, the overhead lines and the train, and what effect this may have on a Stint, ANP reports.
Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure and Water Managements considers it possible that "some form of the Stint" electric cargo bikes will eventually be allowed to ride on Dutch roads again. "But the doubts about safety must be removed", she said during a parliamentary debate on the matter on Tuesday, NU.nl reports.
Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure did not know which types of Stint cargo bikes were on the public road until she temporarily banned the vehicles following a fatal accident in Oss. "If you find that there is no supervision, then I can only confirm that", she said in a parliamentary debate on Thursday evening, NU.nl reports.
Stint Urban Mobility, the manufacturer of electric cargo bikes like the one that was involved in a fatal railway accident in Oss last month, is filing for bankruptcy on Monday. "I do not see a way out, now that the government does not want to talk to us about how we can get the Stint back on the road. It's over", director Edwin Renzen said to RTL Nieuws.
The Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate received multiple reports about Stint cargo bikes that would not brake, some even after a Stint was involved in a fatal accident in Oss, according to documents Minister Cora Van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure and Water Management sent to parliament on Thursday evening, AD reports.
The impromptu memorial for the victims of a fatal collision between a train and a Stint electric cargo bike in Oss, was cleared away by the municipality on Thursday - three weeks after the tragic accident. Hundreds of flowers, candles, toys, drawings and poems were left at Oss West station to commemorate the four children killed in the accident.
Hundreds of Oss residents gathered on Monday to commemorate the four children killed in a railway accident in the Noord-Brabant city last month. Around 550 people who were directly involved in the tragedy gathered at theater De Lievekamp for the commemoration. Over a thousand others watched on a large screen in the TOP Oss football stadium. Part of the tribune was reserved for pupils of De Korenaer, the primary school the young victims attended, NU.nl reports.
The Stint electric cargo bike involved in a fatal railway accident in Oss last month, was repaired four times since the summer of 2017. It had its battery replaced three times, and once went in for repairs to the bike's throttle, a spokesperson for Stint Urban Mobility confirmed to NU.nl after reports by the Telegraaf.
Stint is taking Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure and Water Management and the Inspectorate for Human Environment and Transport to court for their decision to ban Stint cargo bikes from public roads following a railway accident in Oss in which four children were killed, sources told RTL Nieuws.
Minister Cora van Nieuwenhuizen of Infrastructure and Water Management decided to ban the use of Stint electric cargo bikes on public roads, following a fatal train accident involving such bike in Oss in which four children were killed. The ban is effective immediately, she said in a short press conference on Monday evening, RTL Nieuws reports.
A massive 263,955 euros was raised in a fundraising action for the victims and relatives of a fatal railway accident in Oss last week. That is over 200 thousand euros more than initiator Nick Nietveld from Almere had hoped for, ANP reports.
A witch hunt is happening on social media against people who posted tasteless responses or jokes about a railway accident in Oss in which four children were killed last week. Some of the targets of this witch hunt feel so threatened that they've deleted their social media accounts, De Stentor reports.
The 11-year-old girl and 32-year-old woman seriously injured in a collision between a Stint electric cargo bike and a train in Oss last week, are both in a stable condition, the police said in a statement. Both are still in hospital. The police are still investigating the cause of the accident.
A fundraiser was launched on Friday for the victims of a fatal railway accident in Oss on Thursday morning. By Sunday over 200 thousand euros had been raised, ANP reports.
The fundraiser was started by Nick Nietveld from Almere. He was so shaken by the deaths of the four children that he decided to take action. His goal was to raise 60 thousand euros. That amount was surpassed within a day.
The second day of the General Political Considerations, the parliamentary debate on the government's plans and budget for the next year, started on Friday morning with parliamentarians briefly commemorating four children who were killed in a railway accident in Oss on Thursday morning, NOS reports.
The municipality of Oss placed tents over a sea of flowers left at railway station Oss West. The tents are to protect the memorial site against the rain, the municipality said on Twitter.
Hundreds of Oss residents gathered at a rail crossing on Braakstraat in Oss on Thursday evening to commemorate four children who were killed in a collision between a train and a cargo bike at the crossing that morning. They left mountains of flowers and stuffed animals, and lit candles for the children, AD reports.
Queen Maxima expressed her and the King's support for the families of the four children killed in a collision between a train and an electric cargo bike in Oss on Thursday morning. "We have no words for this", she said to journalists during her visit to Drachten.
After a rail accident in which four children were killed in Oss on Thursday morning, several parents went to seek support from each other at childcare center Okido on Obrechtstraat. Those who were directly involved - the victims' relatives and witnesses - are being cared for at the De Hille district center, Brabants Dagblad reports.