Silent march for dog park murder victims canceled at families' request
A silent march for a man and woman found murdered in Brunssummerheide last week that was scheduled for Friday, has been canceled, the municipality of Heerlen said on Facebook. The families of the 68-year-old man and 63-year-old woman said that they are not prepared to handle a silent march yet.
"We have to respect this wish of the relatives", the municipality said. "For that reason the silent march on Friday will not happen." The decision was made in consultation between the municipality and the organizers of the march.
The bodies of the two victims were found in a dog walking area of nature reserve Brunssummerheide last week Tuesday. The victims were killed while they were walking their dogs, independently from each other. A 27-year-old man was arrested as a suspect a day later. He is also suspected of killing a 56-year-old woman in the Scheveningen woods the Saturday before the Brunssumerheide murders. This woman was also killed while walking her dogs.