Two arrested in Enschede quadruple murder case
Two men from Hengelo were arrested on Monday on suspicion of involvement in the murder of four men in Enschede earlier this month. The two are also suspected of a serious violent crime committed in Hengelo, the police said in a statement.
The incident in Hengelo happened on November 7th. A man was assaulted, threatened with a firearm and shots were fired, the police said. The suspects are 32 and 57 years old. They were arrested in a house in Hengelo and on the A1 near Enter.
On November 13th four men were found murdered in a business building on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat in Enschede. The police previously released photos of the four victims - Tuan Nguyen, Artur Sargs yan, Mijkel Akfidan and Max Klaassen - in the hopes that the public can provide more information about their whereabouts and activities in the days leading up to their death. Nguyen and Sargsyan were previously arrested after a large amount of cannabis was found in the same building they were killed in.
Two suspects were arrested on the same day as the murders. Both have since been released from custody and are no longer suspects in this case.
As part of the investigations into the quadruple murder and the violent incident in Hengelo, the police searched multiple buildings in Twente on Monday. The police did not say whether anything was found. More arrests may follow, the police said.