Amsterdam Apple Store evacuated after iPad explodes
The Apple Store on Leidseplein in Amsterdam was evacuated on Sunday afternoon after an iPad exploded. Three people had breathing problems after the incident, AT5 reports.
Employees put the iPad in a sand-filled container, but that proved to be insufficient. "It probably involved a leaking battery pack", the fire department said on Twitter. The breathing problems were likely caused by something leaking from the iPad.
The store was evacuated. Paramedics treated the three people suffering from breathing problems. The fire department aired out the Apple Store before customers and employees could go back inside.