Suspects in newspaper attack linked to Amsterdam intern's murder
At least two of the ten men suspected of involvement in an attack on the Amsterdam building of newspaper De Telegraaf last year, were also involved in two murders, the Public Prosecutor said in the first introductory hearing for the case around the Telegraaf attack on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
Bilal el H. and Nabil D. were involved in the mistaken identity murder of 17-year-old intern Mohamed Bouchikhi in a community center in Amsterdam in January 2018, and the murder of a father and son in Zoetermeer in April 2017, according to the Prosecutor. They are suspected of supplying the cars that were used in these crimes.
According to the Prosecutor, the two led an organization that arranged stolen cars - mostly black BMWs - to be used in crimes.
El H. and D. also played leading roles in the attack on the Telegraaf, with which "the freedom of the press was literally attacked", the Prosecutor said in court. A stolen delivery van was crashed into the facade of the building on Basisweg during the early hours of June 26th, and then set alight.