Detainees in the special terrorist departments in the prisons in De Schie and Vught are detained under inhumane conditions, human rights organizations Amnesty International and Open Society Justice Initiative (OSJI) said in a report. "People are locked up in their cell for long periods and systematically undergo degrading visitations", the report states, RTL Nieuws reports.
Information about Prime Minister Mark Rutte and military airbase Volkel was found in the home of 23-year-old Eindhoven terror suspect Hasan A., the Public Prosecutor revealed in court on Thursday. Hasan A. is standing trial on suspicion of preparing for terrorist actions, AD reports.
The German authorities arrested a Syrian man suspected of planning attacks in the Nehterlands, Geramany, France and Belgium, news wire AFP reports. The suspect texted terrorist group ISIS asking for 180 thousand euros to fund the attacks, German prosecutors said on Monday.
The man was detained on Saturday and his apartment in Saarbucken was raided. He was formally arrested and charged on Sunday.
Suspected Dutch jihadist Martijn N. managed to board a plane in Dusseldorf and fly to Turkey earlier this year because the message for the Dutch Public Prosecutor to issue an arrest warrant arrived late, Minister Ard van der Steur of Security and Justice wrote in a letter to parliament. He is investigating what went wrong
Two Algerian men arrested with French terror suspect Anis B. in Rotterdam late last month, will remain in custody. The court extended the custody of the 47-year-old suspect with 30 days and the 43-year-old suspect got another 90 days
Terror suspect Mohamed B. was acquitted of preparing for a terrorist attack in the Netherlands by the court in Rotterdam on Tuesday. According to the judge, B. had no intention of actually carrying out an attack
Terror suspect Mohamed B. will be released from custody with immediate effect, the court in Rotterdam decided on Friday. Earlier this week the Public Prosecutor demanded a 4 year prison sentence against him.
The Public Prosecutor demanded a prison sentence of four years against terror suspect Mohammed B. in the court of Rotterdam on Tuesday. B. is suspected of planning to commit a terrorist attack against the police and soldiers. According to the Public Prosecutor, B.'s plan is "a terrifying threat to our open and free society".
Suspected jihadist Mohamed B. will be hearing what punishment the Public Prosecutor demands against him in court on Tuesday
Maastricht terror suspect Mohammed G. has been spreading Islamic State propaganda on Twitter. This has been going on for a few days,
The court in Maastricht released 26 year old suspected terrorist Mohammed G. from custody on Wednesday. The Public Prosecutor is considering an appeal against the release.
Terror suspects who have to report to the police on a daily basis, are no longer allowed in police stations. This is because police personnel are afraid of being targets for attack after the attacks in Paris, AD reports. In The Hague, these suspects have to report via the intercom.