Prosecutors are seeking stiff sentence against two suspects accused of detonating hand grenades at two coffeeshops in Delft. At least one person was hurt in the explosions on May 17, 2018, the Public Prosecutor’s Office (OM) said in a statement.
The police arrested a 40-year-old man from The Hague on the suspicion that he detonated hand grenades at two coffeeshops in Delft in May. The man had a hand grenade, weapons and ammunition in his car when he was arrested last month, the Public Prosecutor announced on Monday.
The man was arrested on June 12th, along with two other suspects. Until recently the suspects were in restricted custody, which is why more details about the arrests were only announced on Monday.
The police arrested three suspects on Wednesday in connection with recent attacks in Delft. The three are suspected of involvement in a shooting on Peperstraat, hand grenades exploding on Peperstraat and Breestraat, and a shooting on Beestenmarkt. Two homes in the region were also searched, AD reports.
The suspects are currently in restricted custody and the police can therefore not release any more details about the investigation and arrests, a spokesperson for the police said to the newspaper.