food poisoning

restaurant
Jul 3 '17 15:30

Dutch food safety authority NVWA placed a total of 129 restaurants in the Netherlands under increased supervision between November 2015 and December 2016. This happens when a restaurant gets at least three fines, one of which for poor hygiene standards or rotten food, in a period of two years. Over 30 of the affected restaurants are located in Amsterdam, RTL Nieuws reports based on data received from NVWA after appealing to the freedom of information act. 

Ambulance
Jun 13 '17 09:26

A wedding celebration in Amsterdam-Osdorp on Monday ended in somewhat of a disaster when 20 guests got food poisoning. It seems that the event center served spoiled chicken, RTL Nieuws reports.

About 300 people attended the celebration. According to the bride's sister, 20 people became sick at the same time. "They sat here outside, everyone throwing up in a row. Therefore ambulances responded."

The couple's family is furious. "They served yesterday's chicken. We're going to claim damages and they're not getting a cent from us."

1280px-20120517_liege23
May 16 '16 15:50

About 20 Dutch are among the people who fell ill on a campsite in the Ardennes, Belgium over the weekend. The campsite was evacuated on Sunday after up to 70 people showed symptoms of poisoning.

CME70mGWoAAlz_O
Jan 25 '16 11:26

Between 30 and 40 asylum seekers fell ill in the Arnhem asylum center on Sunday. After investigation, the fire department believes they probably have the flu, with symptoms including fever and nausea

800px-Morceau_de_Roquefort_Coulet
Mar 8 '15 20:41

A dangerous variant of Escherichia coli (E. coli) has been discovered in a raw milk cheese with the brand name Roquefort. This is according to the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (NVWA) based on information received from the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF).

Satay
Apr 28 '14 15:01

Inspectors from the Netherlands Food and Wares Authority (NVWA) found that one-third of all the food served on the various markets during the King's Day weekend were not served in compliance with hygiene regulations.

Subscribe to