The high security court sentenced Azzedine C., the prime suspect in the largest jihad trial in the Netherlands so far, to six years in prison on Thursday. The other eight suspects were also given prison sentences of varying length
The nine suspects in the large jihad trial will hear the court's verdict on Thursday. The Public Prosecutor demanded years long prison sentences against all of the suspects. They are suspected of offenses raging from inciting hatred to recruitment for the terrorist organizations fighting in the Syrian Civil War, all in a very organized manner, according to the Prosecutor
The definition of "recruitment" was put to the question in the massive jihad trial on Tuesday. The suspects see recruitment as actively coaxing someone to join an organization, the Public Prosecutor sees it differently.
The key witness in the massive terrorism trial currently ongoing in the high-security court in Amsterdam, has withdrawn his statement. He now claims that he completely fabricated the statement.
One of the largest terrorism trials ever in the Netherlands starts in the court in Amsterdam on Monday. A total of 10 suspects are facing charges of, among other things, participation in a terrorist organization, recruitment and conspiracy to commit terrorist offenses.
Suspected jihadist Azzedine C., better known as Abou Moussa, wants PvdA parliamentarian Ahmed Marcouch to be questioned, his lawyer, André Seebregts said during a hearing in Amsterdam on Tuesday.
The lawsuit against suspected terrorists Oussama C., Azzedine C. and Rudolph H. will only be tried in September, because many of the about 50 witnesses still need to be questioned, AD reports.
Two of the four jihad suspects who have been on a hunger strike since Sunday, have started eating again. At least one of the four is still on the hunger strike, his lawyer said today.
The alleged jihad recruiter Azzedine C., better known as Abou Moussa, is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This his lawyer, André Seebregts, said yesterday. Seebregts advocated for lifting C.'s custody.
The police have arrested another suspect in the investigation of jihadists.
The 40 year old man from the Hague was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of involvement in the terrorist organization, the police announced on Wednesday.
The man reported himself to the police office after the police had invited him. Including this man, 12 people have been arrested during this investigation.
The Ministry of Justice will try a group of extremist muslims in The Hague as a 'terrorist organization', which may result in a life sentence for the suspects, the Public Prosecution Authority (OM) says.
In the case against suspected jihadi recruiter 'Abou Moussa', the examining judge has been taken from the case because the commissioning judge has aroused suspicions of bias, and has been replaced, the Algemeen Dagblad reports.
The Hague's Schilderswijk has been freed of two big name recruiters for jihad. The arrests come with a collective sigh of relief as the Algemeen Dagblad reveals that Rudolph H. and Azzedine C., alias Abou Moussa, had been on the police radar for almost two years.