Two Hague kids hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning

Brandweer fire department Volkswagen
Stock image of a Dutch fire department Volkswagen vehiclephoto: cakifoto / DepositPhotos

Two children and adult were rushed to a hospital in The Hague with carbon monoxide poisoning on Monday evening. The fire department believes a faulty geyser was behind the leak. 

The fire department responded to the home on Linnaeusstraat at around 10:00 p.m. after the carbon monoxide detector in the home went off, a spokesperson said to RTL Nieuws. At the scene they found two children and an adult. All three were taken to hospital.

A high concentration of carbon monoxide was measured in the home. The fire department turned off the geyser, which they believe is the cause. As a precaution, measurements were also taken in adjacent homes.

The children had to spend the night in the hospital. The fire department spokesperson was unable to provide RTL with further information about the adult's condition. 

Tags: