Dutch student, 24, electrocuted in Vietnam shower

Myrna Reinhard, a 24-year-old medical student from Nijmegen, died in a bizarre accident while vacationing in Vietnam this week. The young woman was electrocuted while taking a shower in the hostel where she was staying in the popular coastal town of Hoi An, AD reports.

A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed the Dutch student's death. "We are in contact with the family of the deceased woman. The embassy is providing consular assistance to the family", the spokesperson said to the newspaper. He stressed that there is no question of a crime being committed, this was a tragic accident.

Student association Ovum Novum mourns Myrna's death, the board said on its website. "Myrna was sweet, involved and always committed herself to a better student life for Nijmegen and the entire Netherlands. With her beautiful smile she stole everyone's hearts and her sudden death leaves a huge void in our association. We will miss her immensely and always keep the memories of who she was alive. We wish her family and friends a lot of strength."

Tags: