Third suspect arrested in Enschede quadruple murder

The police arrested a third suspect in connection with the murder of four men in a business premises in Enschede earlier this month. The suspect is a 30-year-old man from Twente. He is suspected of involvement in the murders, the police said.

On Monday the police already arrested two men aged 32 and 57 on suspicion of involvement in the quadruple homicide. These two men are also suspected of an assault, in which shots were fired, in Hengelo on November 7th.

The police searched multiple buildings in Twente on Monday in connection with this investigation. Whether anything was found, was not said.

On November 13th four men were found murdered in a business building on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat in Enschede. The police previously released photos of the four victims - Tuan Nguyen, Artur Sargsyan, Mijkel Akfidan and Max Klaassen - in the hopes that the public can provide more information about their whereabouts and activities in the days leading up to their death. Nguyen and Sargsyan were previously arrested after a large amount of cannabis was found in the same building they were killed in. 

Two suspects were arrested on the same day as the murders. Both have since been released from custody and are no longer suspects in this case.

Tags: