Explosion in Bergen op Zoom transformer house, four hurt
An explosion in a transformer house on Grote Markt in the center of Bergen op Zoom left four people hurt on Monday. Around 130 shops and houses were also without electricity for hours, RTL Nieuws reports.
The explosion was the result of a short circuit, according to the broadcaster. It caused a fire in a restaurant located next to the transformer house. Firefighters quickly got the fire under control.
Employees of Enexis were working in the transformer house at the time of the explosion. Two of them sustained serious injuries. All wounded were taken to a hospital in Rotterdam.
— Hulpverlening (@HulpverleningNL) November 12, 2018