Five injured in multiple weekend stabbings

Arrest (Photo: Politie) police. (Arrest (Photo: Politie))

A total of five people were injured in various stabbings across the Netherlands on Saturday night and during the early hours of Sunday morning. The police reported stabbings in Schiedam, Eindhoven, Helmond and Drachten. 

A 26-year-old man from Poland was injured in a stabbing at a temporary home on Vijfkamplaan in Eindhoven at 00:30 a.m. on Sunday, according to the police. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance with multiple stab wounds and superficial cuts and puncture wounds. Three Polish men, age 25, 42 and 49 years old, were arrested for possible involvement in the stabbing.

A 30-year-old man from Helmond was taken to hospital with stab wounds to his stomach at around 3:30 a.m. on Sunday. The stabbing happened on Noord Koninginnewal in Helmond. A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of involvement in the stabbing on Sunday afternoon. According to the police, the victim underwent surgery on Sunday morning and is out of life-threatening danger. He is doing well under the circumstances.

A 39-year-old Polish man was critically injured when another man stabbed him in the neck in a fight in a cafe on Broersveld in Schiedam around 4:00 a.m. on Sunday. Emergency services rushed him to the hospital. The suspect - a black man wearing a white shirt and light colored jeans - fled the scene and is still at large. The police are calling on witnesses to come forwards.

Two people were injured in an altercation in Drachten during the early hours of Sunday morning. Two men, age 29 and 30 years old, showed up at the home of a 45-year-old man. When the 45-year-old opened the door, he was hit on the head with a stone. He grabbed a knife and stabbed the 30-year-old man. The 29-year-old and 30-year-old fled and the 45-year-old called the police. The 45-year-old was taken to the hospital for treatment of his head wound, where the police also found the other two men. All three were arrested. The 29-year-old was taken directly to the police station. The other two were treated for their injuries first.