Thursday, 11 September 2014 - 10:28
Deurne deadly heist suspect denies charge
A 27-year-old man currently in custody on suspicion of violent robbery during the Deurne jewelry heist is claiming that he had no role in the incident. His lawyer, Gerard Spong, announced this Wednesday, De Gelderlander reports. During the Goldies heist on the 28th of March, two robbers were shot and killed. The District Attorney has so far made no clarification as to what this 27-year-old suspect's role was during the robbery, who was arrested in Stuttgart on the 1st of July, before being extradited to The Netherlands. Laywer Spong says there is insufficient evidence to hold him, and that the case is running out of context. The lawyer says that his client may want to appeal the decision by the judge to extend custody with 60 days.