Valkenhorst

Firefighters' gear
Dec 4 '17 08:51

An apartment building on Valkenhorst in Leiden was evacuated just after midnight after the fire department discovered that several geysers in the building emit far too much carbon monoxide. The fire brigade was called in after a family living in the building went to hospital when they felt ill, Omroep West reports.

The fire brigade evacuated all 42 homes in the building. Around 10 people were checked by ambulance personnel. Residents were given shelter in an adjacent shopping mall. 

Subscribe to