One of seven men accused of sexually abusing a 13-year-old girl in Winschoten, took his own life, the court confirmed to Dagblad van het Noorden.
The Public Prosecutor in Spain will demand four years in prison against 17-year-old Dutch teen Charly T. for the sexual abuse of two underage British girls. T. has been in custody in Spain since August last year, after the two girls accused him of getting them drunk and sexually abusing them. When he will stand trial is not yet clear, NOS reports.
The person who created a petition calling for an upcoming R. Kelly concert to be canceled said they did so because they think he is a dangerous person who should be incarcerated. Speaking exclusively to the NL Times, the initiator had quickly collected over two thousand signatures from people who agree that the controversial singer’s show in Amsterdam should be scrapped.
Doctor Maarten B. confessed to secretly making 46 recordings of minor patients at GP's offices in Amstelveen and Schiedam between 2010 and 2017, while speaking in court on Tuesday. But he denies that he sexually abused the children, RTL Nieuws reports.
A petition was launched on Monday to prevent R. Kelly from performing in Amsterdam later this year. Despite the furor currently surrounding the American singer over multiple allegations of sexual abuse, R. Kelly announced last week that he will be performing at The Box in Amsterdam on April 20th, RTL Nieuws reports.
This year the umbrella organizations for sports union NOC*NSF and volunteers' organizations NOV will create a joint blacklist on which anyone convicted of or sanctioned for a sex crime will be registered. This is to prevent sex offenders from bouncing between sports clubs and volunteer organizations unhindered, AD reports.
A 50-year-old former teacher at a Rotterdam school was arrested on Monday on suspicion of abusing a young girl and possessing child pornography, the Public Prosecutor announced on Friday.
Charges were pressed against the man late last month. Based on this, his home in Gouda was search. "After a short scan" child pornography was found on his data carriers, the Prosecutor said. The man taught the girl "in the past".
The number of reports of sexual misconduct in Dutch sports more than doubled over the past year, according to figures from Victim Support. In 2017 there were 30 reports about unwanted sexual behavior, last year there were 70, NRC reports.
Nearly two thirds of reports were made by victims themselves, the rest by sport associations and people who know the victims. In 90 percent of cases the victim was underage, 55 percent are female.
Anthony B., a 45-year-old man from Maasdriel suspected of sexually abusing eight children, may have abused more underage kids, the Public Prosecutor said in a proforma hearing against the man. He is also suspected of making child pornography with another 20 children, Omroep Gelderland reports.
The parents of all the children who have been identified in B.'s child pornography have been informed. The material features children between the ages of 8 and 15 years.
The Public Prosecutor launched an investigation into Jerry M., an athletics coach from Rotterdam who confessed to sexually abusing a number of teenage girls for years, NOS reports.
Athletics coach Jerry M. from Rotterdam is suspected of sexually abusing young athletes at multiple clubs since 1983, even getting two underage girl pregnant, the Telegraaf reports. Almost all of M.'s crimes have since become barred, but according to the newspaper, the police were aware of signs that the now 58-year-old man were abusing young athletes since at least 2000.
A 17-year-old boy from Noord-Holland has been in custody in Spain for four months. Two underage British girls accused him of sexual assault, but no official charges have yet been filed against Charly T. The teenager himself denies the girls' accusations, AD reports.
"The Spanish judiciary is pretending I had a terrible Master Plan to get two underage girls drunk and then sexually abuse them. But that is not so. I am not a serious criminal", T. said in a telephone interview with Nieuws en Co on NPO Radio 1.
Information from a Dutch investigation into child pornography helped the Philippine police to free two children from a sexual abuse situation this week. A 34-year-old Philippine man was arrested for offering the two young girls to customers around the world for online sexual abuse, the Dutch police said in a statement.
Jos B., the 56-year-old man suspected of sexually assaulting and killing 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in Brunssummerheide in 1998, denies having anything to do with the child's death. He did confess to viewing child pornography, but said in court on Wednesday that he downloaded it accidentally, the Telegraaf reports.
The police raided three buildings belonging to the Jehovah's Witnesses last month in an investigation into sexual abuse within the religious community. Four homes were also searched, with the goal of finding documents on internal investigations, NU.nl reports.
The police must conduct digital investigations more often in cases where child sex abuse is suspected, the National Rapporteur on Human Trafficking and Sexual Abuse Against Children said in a new report. "The police do a lot of digital research in online cases, such as child pornography, but with physical sexual abuse that is not yet standard", Rapporteur Herman Bolhaar said. A third of child sexual abuse cases are dropped due to a lack of evidence. That's about 500 cases a year, NOS reports.
The charges against Jos B., the man suspected of involvement in the death of Nicky Verstappen in 1998, was lessened by the court in Limburg. B. is no longer facing a murder charge, but manslaughter, sources confirmed to De Limburger.
The police discourage parents from filing charges if they believe their child is being sexually abused at a childcare institution, BOinK, the interest group for parents in childcare, and lawyers who work with sex crime victims said to RTL Nieuws. The police told the broadcaster that they have to discuss the chances of a case's success with parents, but it is not meant to be a discouragement.
A child pornography and sexual abuse case in the Gelderland town of Alem may be much larger than the authorities believed. A 45-year-old man is already accused of making child pornography of eight children. But the Public Prosecutor now believes that there may be 20 more victims, was revealed in a pro-forma hearing in the court in Zutphen on Thursday, AD reports.
A 77-year-old man from Amsterdam was sentenced to four years in prison by the court in Zwolle. He was convicted of sexually abusing four girls in Southeast Asia, for creating, possessing, sharing and importing child pornography, and for possessing and importing animal pornography, NU.nl reports.
A ghost tour in Best was cut short on Saturday evening after four underage girls were grabbed and molested by three adult men, the Oost-Brabant police confirmed to newspaper AD.
The victims, aged 12 to 17 years, were dressed in costumes and stood at the canal with another girl and two adults to frighten participants during the tour. At around 9:00 p.m. three men, aged around 25 years, came up to the group and grabbed the older girls' breasts and buttocks. The younger girls were also grabbed.
A 66-year-old Dutch man was arrested in Kenya for sexually assaulting multiple underage girls in the African country. Hans V. is accused of "defiling" three girls, aged 8, 9, and 10 years, in 2016, the Kenyan police said on Twitter.
According to the police, V. was arrested in Kasarani by detectives from the Child Protection Unit on Thursday. He will appear in court on Friday.
The court in Alkmaar sentenced 26-year-old Lars de R. from Krommenie to four years in prison and institutionalized psychiatric treatment for sexually abusing 10 underage boys in Netherlands, India and Croatia, NOS reports.
De R. became famous when he reached the finals of talent show Holland's Got Talent at the age of 16 in 2009. The court found him guilty of having sex with ten boys multiple times over the course of eight years. The youngest victim was 4-years-old at the time.
A former group leader of youth care institution Hoenderloo Groep in Apeldoorn appeared in court on Monday on charges of forcing an underage girl at the institution into prostitution. The PvdA will ask parliamentary questions about this case, Omroep Gelderland reports.