Maastricht family hospitalized with carbon monoxide poisoning

Ambulance
Ambulance. (Photo: Politie)

A family from Maastricht became unwell due to a carbon monoxide leak in their home on Eyckeroed. The two adults and three children were all admitted to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning, NOS reports.

The source of the carbon monoxide leak is not yet known. The fire department reports that all five victims are still in hospital, but in a stable condition.

The family's home was ventilated and the police are now investigating the cause. 

Last month the Dutch fire brigade and burns foundation sounded the alarm about the . According to the Dutch Burns Foundation, a survey among a random sample of the population showed that 43 percent of respondents don't know that they should have a CO alarm in areas where their geyser, central heating boiler, fireplace or stove are located.

Tags: