Suspect in Oss murder made false confession for €1.5 million, Prosecutor says
Kaan D. may have falsely confessed to killing drug criminal Peter Netten in Oss earlier this year, the Public Prosecutor said during a pro-forma hearing against the 23-year-old man from Oss. New information from the criminal environment indicates that D. was paid 1.5 million euros to take the blame for the murder, RTL Nieuws reports.
D. will be released on Tuesday after six months in pre-trial custody. There are more and more indications that D. confessed to the murder to protect the actual perpetrator, the Prosecutor said. During the previous pro-forma hearing the Prosecutor already said that someone else may be responsible for the murder.
Peter Netten was shot and killed at a caravan camp in Oss on June 4th. D. turned himself in to the police a few days later and confessed to shooting Netten. The police have names of others that may be involved, but so far no other arrests were made, according to the broadcaster.
Earlier this year Netten was convicted of involvement in cannabis dealing. Whether his murder is related to this, is not yet clear. Witness statements indicate that he may have been killed after a quarrel arose at a party.