Hague city councilor says she was gang-raped by Muslims

Dutch police crime scene tape
Dutch police crime scene tape. Photo: Politie

PVV city councilor in The Hague Willie Dille posted a video on Facebook on Wednesday in which she said that she was gang-raped by Muslims in March last year. The 53-year-old politician looks tired and emaciated in the now-removed video, newspaper AD reports. The PVV released a statement asking that Dillie be left in peace.

"I just want the world to know the truth. 15 March 2017 I was kidnapped, raped and assaulted by g roup of Muslims because they wanted me to keep quiet in the Hague city council", she said in the video, according to AD. March 15th last year was the day of the parliamentary elections. "After it happened, I did not tell anyone, I just did my debates the next day."

In the video, Dille announced that she is quitting as politician. She said that she recently received death threats stating that "we will soon cut your throat and let you bleed to death". "I'm just afraid that they will hurt my children, my guests. I can not live with that. They don't like women at all. They don't like me at all", she said. She wants to continue to fight, but her children need her and she fears for her life, she said. "That's why I decided to stop."

Dille accused Hague councilor Arnoud van Doorn of Partij van de Eeneid of being behind the rape. "He hates me intensely, a terribly mean man", she said. 

Van Doorn, who is currently on holiday, said on Twitter that he is considering filing charges of libel and slander. "I will not lower myself to give a substantive response to the allegations of Mrs. Dille", he said.

Dille herself could not be reached, according to the newspaper. The police refused to response to AD's questions on whether Dille reported this attack.

In a written statement, Mayor Pauline Krikke of The Hague said: "Of course there is every reason to start a discussion with Mrs. Dille again. Without the explicit permission of Mrs. Dille, I can not, of course, say anything about conversations that already took place in the past. That permission is absent at the moment. Naturally, I, the Public Prosecutor and the police take publicly made accusations, including from and about council members, very seriously after a police report is filed and criminal offenses investigated."

The PVV released a statement in which faction leader Karen Gerbrands said that the image the outside world is sketching of Dille is untrue. "The image that is now being sketched that Willie would be unstable, I want to firmly deny. Friend and foe will confirm that Willie is a very strong woman who does not let herself be fooled. The video was made after a year of misery, no support from the police or mayor. Willie is a very social, driven, intelligent politician who will never stop defending the free word and who will continue the fight against Islam. The last threat was the proverbial last straw. The way some media report about this is outright disgusting and shows a very wrong bias. Not only Willie was violated, but also the freedom of expression. Media who do not take this seriously should be ashamed. An extended response to the event will come when calm as returned. The request is now to leave Willie alone."

A PVV parliamentarian, who asked AD not to be named, told the newspaper that he is baffled about this situation. "So this has been going on since March last year and I have never heard a single word about it during faction meetings or in the corridors! I can not judge whether she is telling the truth, but when I saw the video, I was startled by the look in her eyes. I know her as a very intelligent and clever woman."

The video has since been removed from Dille's Facebook page. 

Tags: