Brutal Amsterdam gang assassinations to be recreated on city streets
The reconstruction of a double assassination in Amsterdam scheduled for early Wednesday morning will close the same set of Amsterdam city streets where the terrifying incident took place in 2012. Yousseff Lkhorf, 28, and Said el Yazidi, 21, were killed in the shooting, with bullets sprayed all over the city's Staatsliedenbuurt neighborhood.
Those two murders are said to have started a gang war in Amsterdam still being fought four years later.
The court considers the reconstruction important for determining whether fleeing target Benaouf A. could have seen and identified one of the shooters on December 29th, 2012, as he claims. Benaouf A. escaped with his life.
Last year 34-year-old Anouar B. and 26-year-old A. were sentenced to life in prison for these assassinations.
Police will close the intersection of Bossepad, Visseringstraat and Van Rappardstraat for the reconstruction from midnight to 3 a.m. on November 16th. Residents of these Amsterdam streets were informed by letter. The date was announced this week, though the court decided back in February to go ahead with the reconstruction, according to NU.nl.
The suspects will not be present at the reconstruction.
The court will start a hearing at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, just eight hours before the reconstruction is to be convened, to further explain the intended course of action.