Dutch PM talks religion in Hague church
Prime Minister Mark Rutte gave the sermon in the Duinzicht church in The Hague on Sunday morning. He spoke about the role of religion and faith in society and about what it means for him. The Prime Minister is 51 percent sure that there is something more out there, but the other 49 percent of him has doubts, the Telegraaf reports.
According to the newspaper, the Prime Minister picked a typical liberal bible verse to talke about - The parable of talents. This is about how people have to use their talents, no matter how much or how little they have. Rutte's message was that hard work deserves recognition, no matter what kind of work you do. "You don't look up to the professor or Prime Minister and you don't look down on the garbage man or the post man. Everyone deserves equal recognition."
Rutte also praised the role of religion and the church in society. According to hi, it is thanks to Christianity that the Dutch volunteer so much, give to charity and that the Netherlands has such a good social safety net.