No attack planned on Dutch parliament: Counter-terror office
There was no concrete plan to attack parliament on Budget Day last year and no extra security measures were taken, the National Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Security said on Tuesday directly refuting a report published earlier in the day by the Telegraaf newspaper. Earlier on Tuesday it was reported that a group of young radical Muslims planned to attack the building of the Tweede Kamer, lower house of Dutch parliament, on Budget Day last year. Intelligence and security services AIVD and MIVD managed to thwart the attack based on information from lawyer Michael Ruperti. But the National Coordinator told broadcaster NOS that there were no specific or concrete plans for an attack. It was just talk among the suspects. The security services regularly receive such reports. Extra security measures and a criminal investigation were therefore unnecessary.