Tuesday, March 8, 2016 - 15:45
Forty kids fall ill after Hague swim class
A group of about 40 students fell ill at a Hague school after a swim lesson. Five students and two teachers were transported to an area hospital, reports Omroep West. After swimming in the De Houtzagerij pool, the group complained of nausea and vomiting. Emergency services responded to their school, located less than two kilometers from the swim facility. It was not immediately clear why those in the group fell ill. Some were found to have taken on an excess of carbon monoxide, the broadcaster reported. However, no abnormal measurements for the dangerous gas were found at either the sports center or the school. Investigators also planned to look into the bus used to transport the group.