Amsterdam details King’s Day plans; Ticket sales underway
Amsterdam will be holding nine big parties for King's Day on April 27th, the city announced. Ticket sales start on Friday.
All big parties will be held on the outskirts of the city, to relieve the pressure on the city center. The events include numerous street markets, smaller venues with live music and hundreds of orange colored boats in the Amsterdam canals.
The nine major events are as follows:
- Voltt Vrijhaven at NDSM
- Thuishaven Koningsdag at Contactweg
- King's Day Open Air at Naritaweg
- King's Day presents Bakermat at Zaventemweg
- Nassau Festival at the Olympic Stadium
- Kingsland Festival at RAI
- Loveland van Oranje at Meerpark
- Oranjebloesem at Pampuslaan (Blijburg)
- Oranjefeest at Arena Park
More information regarding these events can be found here.
The municipality is also working closely with event organizers, the police and public transporters NS and GVB to make sure that party goers can get to events and back home safely. For example, shuttle buses will be available to most of the parties.