Bart van U., the man suspected of murdering Els Borst in February 2014, wants to make a statement about the former-politicians murder, he said in the court in Rotterdam. The judges will listen to his statement behind closed doors on Thursday
The 50-year-old stuntman Mario D., who drove the monster truck in Haaksbergen involved in the tragic accident, has broken his silence for the first time. In a statement, he, his wife and children want to offer their sympathy to the victims, De Telegraaf reports.
The Hague has come under criticism from Minister Ivo Opstelten (Security and Justice, VVD). Specifically, the manner in which certain events in the city have been allowed to get out of hand are leaving the city's leaders in a state of chaos.
Boycotting the World Cup 2018 in Russia will not lead to a solution, according to FIFA. After the plane crash disaster in Ukraine last week, various newspapers and ex-international footballer John van 't Schip, have been pushing for a boycott.
Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte has released a statement in which he says that a plane carrying some of the bodies of the Dutch victims in the MH17 plane crash tragedy is expected in The Netherlands on Wednesday.
Malaysia Airlines has put the flight code MH17 into permanent retirement in light of the recent tragedy that saw 298 people die as a passenger plane was shot down above Ukraine. In a statement made on Sunday, Malaysia Airlines says the measure is out of respect to crew and passengers of the flight.
One of the suspects in the case of the murder of Curaçao politician Helmin Wiels received 60,000 Antillian guilders (around €23,000) the day after the murder. He got this money from L.F., nicknamed 'Pretu', who committed suicide in a Curaçao police cell last year, where he was incarcerated in connection with the murder of Wiels on the 5th of May, 2013, the ANP reports.
Bishop Frans Wiertz has made a statement from the Church in Maastricht about a recent scandal involving Jo Gijsen, Wiertz's predecessor, who abused two children.