Anti-Islam PVV to participate in 30 municipalities' elections
The PVV will be participating in the municipal elections of 30 municipalities in March, the party announced on Friday. PVV leader Geert Wilders initially planned to participate in 60 municipal elections, but previously already said that this will not happen because the party is struggling to find good candidates, RTL Nieuws reports.
"On 21 March millions of Dutch people can vote for a party that also locally is the only one that really stands up for our culture, our identity, our freedom and therefore against Islamization. We will continue to build on that strengthened basis in the coming years", Wilders said. The candidate lists will later be announced. The PVV is currently only in the city council of The Hague and Almere.
The PVV is participating in all provinces. Of the four large Dutch cities, Amsterdam is the only one the anti-Islam party is not taking part in.
Municipal elections the PVV is taking part in by province:
- Drenthe - Emmen
- Flevoland - Urk, Lelystad, Almere
- Noord-Holland - Den Helder, Zaanstad, Purmerend, Zandvoort
- Zuid-Holland - Rotterdam, The Hague, Zoetermeer, Nissewaard, Dordrecht
- Overijssel - Enschede, Almelo, Twenterand, Hengelo
- Gelderland - Arnhem
- Groningen - Pekela, Delfzijl
- Friesland - Achtkarspelen
- Noord-Brabant - Rucphen, Den Bosch
- Zeeland - Terneuzen, Tholen
- Utrecht - Utrecht, Stichtse Vecht
- Limburg - Venlo, Maastricht, Sittard-Geleen