Nearly 40 pct of vocational graduates regret study, school choice
Over 60 percent of young people who received their vocational MBO diploma last year, are happy with the course they followed and the school they attended, according to Statistics Netherlands. The rest would make different choices if they could do it again.
The stats office questioned 60 thousand young people who received an MBO diploma last year. 61 percent said they would choose the same school and study direction again. The other 39 percent would make different choices. Most of them indicated they'd choose a different direction to study in. A smaller group said they'd choose the same course, but at a different school. And about 10 percent said they'd rather not study at all.
The researchers did not ask MBO graduates why they were happy or unhappy with their choice of study. But they did notice that graduates who haven't been able to find work in their field or at their level of qualification, are less happy with their choice of study.