Skip to main content
Home

Main navigation

  • Top stories
  • Health
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Tech
  • Culture
  • Sports
  • Weird
  • 1-1-2
Crime
Armin A.
DNA in condoms
pimp
sexual exploitation
Volkenburg hotel
Monday, 26 January 2015 - 16:31
Share this:
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • linkedin
  • whatsapp
  • reddit

Up to 80 men implicated in underage prostitution case

The man who pimped out a 16-year-old girl in Limburg, did so only because the girl wanted to, his lawyer has said. His statement comes as DNA research shows that no less than 80 men had sex with the underage girl.

“She asked my client to facilitate it (and) he refused at first, but he agreed when she kept on insisting. He then only stayed around to protect her,” attorney Arthur Vonken told Volkskrant today. The pimp, 21-year-old Armin A., has been in police custody since October 2014, after he was found hiding out in the bathroom of a hotelroom in Valkenburg, where the girl was having sex with another adult man.

The unnamed girl had then been missing for a week. Police found a large amount of used condoms in a garbage can in the room; the National Forensic Institute analyzed the contents, which so far shows that at least 80 men had had sex with the girl, 30 more than police initially thought. A.’s cellphone furthermore contained a list of customers that was linked to an online ad in which he offered the girl for sex. Police is planning to visit people on the list at their homes, to interrogate them as witnesses and suspects.

Suspects risk up to four years jail time. Volkskrant spoke to a spokesman for the Public Prosecutor’s Office who said that the visits may come as unpleasant surprises for married people, but sexual exploitation weighs heavier. Clients who at the time were not aware that they were having sex with an underage girl also face prosecution, the Prosecutor’s Office said. The pimp's lawyer meanwhile said the girl does not look "obviously adult." Vonken: "There's a lot you can do with make-up, but i would have my doubts. She does not look 30, so to say."

Follow us:

Latest stories

  • FC Utrecht hammered by Fortuna Sittard at home; AZ beat FC Twente
  • Police Chief addresses release of Tarwekamp suspects
  • Omtzigt walks out during interview over emotional questions
  • Another gray Christmas for the Netherlands
  • PSV now 10 points ahead of Feyenoord after dominant 3-0 win
  • Gaps in emergency response highlighted after teen's drowning in Amsterdam

Top stories

  • KNMI issues code yellow weather alert for strong winds in northern Netherlands
  • Renovation of Heinenoord Tunnel Completed After Two Years
  • Man found with gunshot wound to head in Rotterdam
  • Dutch national arrested in Suriname with 7.5 kilograms of cocaine
  • Police Chief warns of longer emergency response times amid staffing shortages
  • Explosion at Vlaardingen apartment allegedly linked to drug criminal's son

© 2012-2024, NL Times, All rights reserved.

Footer menu

  • Change consent
  • Privacy
  • Contact
  • Partner content