Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 13:18
Carbon monoxide sickens six in clothing store
Six people became ill in a clothing store in the village of Balk in Friesland, presumably due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Five of them were taken to the hospital, the fire department reports. The carbon monoxide presumably entered the store through a leak in the heating system, but that is still under investigation. The fire department is taking measurements in the property. The store in question is Steegenga Mode on Van Swinderenstraat.