Monday, August 15, 2016 - 11:30
Boy hospitalized after Schiedam explosion dies; Blast cause discovered
A 4-year-old boy passed away in hospital after being seriously injured in an explosion in a basement box on Donker Curtiusstraat in Schiedam on Friday. Three adults were also injured and are still in hospital, NU.nl reports. The explosion was caused by gasoline vapors released during work on a moped. All victims sustained serious burns. A fire started after the explosion, but was quickly extinguished. The explosion happened in a four-story apartment building with basement boxes.