Tuesday, February 4, 2014 - 10:10
Hundreds of goats dead in barn fire
In the Frisian village of Mirns, hundreds of goats and three horses perished in a barn fire. The owner of the farm was also injured. He was taken to hospital with severe burns. As a result of the fire, asbestos came into the atmosphere, but according to the fireman, there is no danger for the surroundings. The particles came down on the farm grounds. There were around 700 goats in the barn. A few of them survived the fire. It is unclear how many goats actually lost their lives.