A bullet casing was found in the car of the men suspected of the murder of four men in an Enschede grow shop last year. Investigation revealed that the bullet casing corresponds to casings found at the scene of the murders, the Public Prosecutor revealed during a proforma hearing in the court in Almelo on Thursday, Tubantia reports.
On Monday the police turned the Karelskamp prison in Almelo inside out in search of a firearm, after one of the inmates received a threat saying that he would be murdered in prison. The target was Deja A., one of three suspects in a quadruple murder in Enschede last year, De Gelderlander reports.
Dejan A., one of three suspected shooters in a quadruple murder in Enschede last year, tried to buy an automatic firearm shortly before the murders, the Public Prosecutor revealed in the court in Almelo on Tuesday during a pro-forma hearing against the suspected suppliers of the weapons used in the murders, De Gelderlander reports.
The Rijksrecherche launched an investigation into the flow of information around the investigation into the murder of four men in Enschede last month. Over the past days many details about the murders were leaked and the Public Prosecutor is "very concerned", De Gelderlander reports.
Four men being murdered in a grow shop in Enschede earlier this month may be the result of a conflict over bad cannabis cuttings, sources from the Twente cannabis world told RTV Oost. Three suspects, a 57-year-old father and his two sons aged 30 and 32, bought a batch of cannabis cuttings that turned out to be of poor quality. They went to the grow shop to get their money back and things got out of hand, according to the broadcaster's sources.
The police arrested a third suspect in connection with the murder of four men in a business premises in Enschede earlier this month. The suspect is a 30-year-old man from Twente. He is suspected of involvement in the murders, the police said.
On Monday the police already arrested two men aged 32 and 57 on suspicion of involvement in the quadruple homicide. These two men are also suspected of an assault, in which shots were fired, in Hengelo on November 7th.
Two men from Hengelo were arrested on Monday on suspicion of involvement in the murder of four men in Enschede earlier this month. The two are also suspected of a serious violent crime committed in Hengelo, the police said in a statement.
The incident in Hengelo happened on November 7th. A man was assaulted, threatened with a firearm and shots were fired, the police said. The suspects are 32 and 57 years old. They were arrested in a house in Hengelo and on the A1 near Enter.
The police released photos of four men murdered in a business premises in Enschede last week. Investigators hope that the public can provide more information about the victims, specifically why they were in the building on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat together and why they were all shot to death, the police said on Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday.
Two men were taken into custody on Tuesday near Dordrecht in connection with a multiple homicide in Enschede. One of the pair, a 26-year-old from the Overijssel city, was still in police detention Thursday night in connection with the shooting deaths of the four victims.