The Public Prosecutor wants DNA material of killed Dutch jihadists to be brought to the Netherlands. The Public Prosecutor wants to determine with certainty which Dutch foreign fighters have been killed in Iraq and Syria in connection with the ongoing investigations into jihadists.
More than a quarter of Dutch municipalities are facing problems in providing housing for the people who want to live there. There will be more refugees to the Netherlands and the result is that waiting time for anyone on a waiting list will increase, according to a survey of 326 municipalities. The questionnaire, created by regional broadcasters and NOS, could not get 67 additional municipalities to take part
Soufian Z. and Driss D., two jihadists from the Hague, were killed in the Syrian city of Kobani, AD reports. These jihadists were arguably two of the best known Dutch foreign rebel fighters in the Syrian Civil War.
Achraf, a Amsterdam jihadist who went to Syria in December 2013 at the age of 16, was killed in Syria on Saturday, AT5 reports.
A number of radical Dutch Muslims are on the run after the failed attack in Belgium and the terrorist attack in France. In the Hague alone 11 Muslims have fled. Four of them were arrested in Turkey. They were on their way to Syria.
A Muslim man and his family in The Hague received a letter containing death threats last week. The direct cause seems to be the attacks in Paris. The letter writer threatens to "decapitate" the man and to blow up his house if he does not "fuck off" within a week, AD reports.
"Dutch Foreign Affairs Minister Bert Koenders says he is “shocked” about the terrorist plot in Belgium broken up by security officials there on Thursday. The Labour party politician says it justifies the need for the government and the people of the Netherlands to remain cautious and vigilant.
The number of Dutch jihadists is much higher than the government reports, according to ISIS expert Pieter Van Ostaeyen, former military intelligence analyst Ronald Sandee and the Dutch jihadists themselves.
The relationship between the Netherlands and Turkey was yet again put to the test when Dutch journalist Frederike Geerdink was brought into questioning by the Turkish terrorism police on January 6. The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Bert Koenders, was attending the annual ambassadors' conference in Turkey and was quick to react to the case.
A video testament by the 19 year old Sultan Berzel from Maastricht has confirmed that he was indeed the jihadist Abu Abdulla al-Hollandi who performed the suicide bombing in Baghdad on November 12th. Terrorist organisation Islamic State (ISIS) posted the video online yesterday. The video has since been suspended from the site.
The Saudi cleric Abdullah al-Muhaysini has called on Dutch Muslims to go to Syria and join the jihad. This is according to SITE Intelligence Group, an organization that tracks jihadist groups.
A 19 year old teenager from Maastricht who traveled to Syria in September to join terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS), died in Syria last week.
The five-month-old daughter of accused jihadist Shukri F. and her husband, convicted jihad fighter Maher H., was removed from her home in Zoetermeer, Zuid Holland as ordered by the Dutch Child Care and Protection Board. Shukri F. broke the news to her her followers on Twitter after Monday's proceedings.
The mother of the convicted jihadist Maher H. does not agree with the sentencing of her son.
The 20 year old Maher H. has been sentenced to three years in prison for participating in the jihad in Syria. H.'s wife, the 20 year old Shukri F., has been acquitted. She was suspected of recruiting jihadists. This is the verdict of the court in The Hague.
Yesterday, after months of investigation, the police arrested three men in Arnhem and Eindhoven, on suspicion of terrorism. According to the Public Prosecution, these men want to join the Al-Qaeda linked group Jabhat al-Nusra.
The Dutch Police have arrested over 110 human trafficking offenders in the last six months. The tackle on human trafficking is therefore "effective", wrote Justice Secretary Fred Teeven in a letter to Tweede Kamer on 24 November.
A 19-year-old woman who made headlines earlier this month after her mother rescued her from ISIS in Syria has been released from custody by a Dutch court. Aïcha, the 19-year-old Jihadi bride was ordered released Tuesday afternoons, but the conditions of her release were not made public.
The 19 year old Aicha is back in the Netherlands. Earlier this year the girl traveled to the ISIS area in Syria, where she planned to marry a jihadist. Her mother Monique, who also traveled to Syria to rescue her daughter, has also returned.
A mother from Maastricht has single-handedly rescued her daughter from the Syrian city of Raqqa. Raqqa is regarded as the capital city of the caliphate of the terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS).
Municipalities are overtaxed in the supervision of returned Syria-goers and retained jihadists. The Mayor of the Hague is demanding help from the state.
Minister of Social Affairs Lodewijk Asscher is very concerned about the large amount of support among Turkish youth in the Netherlands for violent jihadist groups such as Islamic State (ISIS).
The Netherlands plans to set up and independent support center for the families of jihadists and potential Syria-goers. The needs of the parents are so high that the National Coordinator for Counterterrorism and Security (NCTV) has appointed a "quartermaster" to set up such a facility.
When a client asked Isis Hair salon owner Jet Daniels if she knows what happens when you search online for her business, Daniels was less-than-surprised to hear the client's discovery. "It is not the first time I heard my clients wind up seeing videos of beheadings," she said Thursday, a day after she changed the salon's name to Jet Setters.