The police raided several properties in The Hague on Thursday in an investigation into the forgery of documents used to make people eligible for homes they are not entitled to. Data of hundreds of people who may of been 'helped' in this way was found. There are also signals that this type of fraudulent practice is happening in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht, a spokesperson for the Public Prosecutor said to Het Parool.
A nearly 1 thousand page long manual explaining in detail how pedophiles can lure, groom, and abuse children has been spread in the Netherlands for years. Minister Ferdinand Grapperhaus of Justice and Security is looking into whether this book can be banned.
Research by RTL Nieuws revealed that this pedophile manual has been available on the dark web for over 10 years. The book is actively shared on forums for pedophiles and supplemented with new tips, experiences and advice. The police confirmed to the broadcaster that the book was used by various Dutch pedophiles.
The brother of key witness Nabil B., who was shot and killed in Amsterdam on Thursday morning, chose not to accept all the protection measures the Dutch authorities offered him, spokesperson Ties Kortman of the Public Prosecutor said, according to newspaper AD.
The Public Prosecutor demanded 18 months in prison against a 32-year-old man from Arnhem accused of abusing and humiliating his girlfriend. He forced the severely bruised and practically naked woman to stand on a Hoogeveen street with a sign reading 'whore' around her neck, was revealed in court on Tuesday, NOS reports.
The incident happened in July 2014, in front of the woman's apartment building in Hoogeveen. The woman was wearing only her panties. A neighbor called the police after spotting the bruised and shaking woman.
The police and Public Prosecutor prevented a convicted murderer from escaping while traveling to or from the court in Amsterdam, the police said in a statement.
According to the police, the criminal involved is 35-year-old Surailie I., who is serving a 15 year long prison sentence for murdering Souhai Laachir in the Scheepvaartmuseum during the Waterfront Festival in May 2013.
Five fishermen from Urk are facing court on Monday for smuggling 261 kilograms of cocaine into the Netherlands last year. The Dutch authorities believe they did so on behalf of Amsterdam criminal Naoufal F., the Telegraaf reports.
The suspects are fishing boat owner Johannes N. (31) and his four crew members.
A 44-year-old man from Sprang-Capelle in Noord-Brabant was fined 250 euros for trying to sell his ballots for the municipal elections and referendum on online market place Martplaats, Omroep Brabant reports.
The man posted the ad online last Tuesday. He wanted to sell his ballots for the municipal election and the referendum on the intelligence agencies' new law, both of which are happening on Wednesday, in an open bid. "I never vote myself, in this way I can make another person happy", he said on the ad, according to the broadcaster.
Three police officers involved in shooting an aggressive man to death in Purmerend in September last year, will not be prosecuted. The Public Prosecutor concluded that they were allowed to use their firearms because the suspect posed an acute threat, NOS reports.
The court in Leeuwarden sentenced brothers 33-year-old Admilson and 32-year-old Marcos R. to life in prison for two robberies that turned fatal for three victims, RTL Nieuws reports.
The two brothers from Hoogeveen were convicted of shooting and killing 55-year-old Berend Smit from Dwingeloo in November 2012, and strangling Jan and Greet Veenendaal, both 77 years old, from Exloo to death in July 2013. In both cases money was stolen after the murders.
The Public Prosecutor in Arnhem is investigating charges filed against D66 leader Alexander Pechtold after it was revealed that he received an apartment in Scheveningen from a former Canadian diplomat as a gift and dit not report it to parliament's gift register, Omroep Gelderland reports.
The Public Prosecutor demanded prison sentences of up to 30 years against the seven suspects in the mistaken identity murder of Amsterdam DJ Djordy Latumahina and the attempted murder of his girlfriend and daughter, NU.nl reports.
Chief Public Prosecutor Bart Nieuwenhuizen calls on politicians to stop pressing charges against one another in order to get attention. These "fake, tampering and show declarations" cost the judiciary a lot of time, he wrote in his column on Omroep West.
A total of 11 men, including former deputy chief prosecutor Vincent L., are being prosecuted for having paid sex with an underage boy, the Public Prosecutor announced on Thursday.
The suspects are from Amsterdam and Amstelveen and between the ages of 38 and 61 years old. According to the Prosecutor, they had sex with the underage boy independently from each other. They were arrested between February and July last year and are no longer in custody.
Motorists are allowed to touch their cellphone while they're driving, but only if it is in a holder. Holding a phone while driving is forbidden, the court in Leeuwarden ruled on Wednesday in a case about a traffic fine, RTL Nieuws reports.
A motorist was fined 230 euros in Sneek for using a mobile phone behind the wheel. The phone was in a hands-free holder. The subdistrict court ruled against the motorist, finding that touching the phone is the same as holding it. But now the court in Leeuwarden ruled differently.
Two Dutch-Turks currently in custody in Greece deny that they planned to murder Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan, their Greek lawyer Ioanna Kourtovik said to newspaper AD.
A 35-year-old man arrested for leaving a beheaded doll at the Emir Sultan Mosque in Amsterdam, confessed, the Public Prosecutor announced on Thursday. He was released from custody, but the investigation against him continues, Het Parool reports.
According to the newspaper, the man in question is former Pegida member Hugo Kuijper.
Michael P., the man suspected of raping and murdering Anne Faber, must serve the rest of the sentence he previously got for rape and extortion, the Public Prosecutor demanded in the court in Arnhem on Thursday. P. was previously sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping two underage girls in Nijkerk in 2010 and for multiple muggings, RTL Nieuws reports.
The Public Prosecutor will not prosecute Minister Kasja Ollongren of Home Affairs for slander and defamation. FvD leader Thierry Baudet pressed charges against the Minister last month, but the Public Prosecutor determined that she committed no criminal offenses, the Prosecutor announced on Thursday.
Interpol withdrew an international arrest warrant against Shehzad Hemani, who had his daughter Insiya kidnapped from Amsterdam in September 2016. The Public Prosecutor does not accept this and will keep trying to have Hemani arrested, NOS reports.
The police are looking for the person who wrote a 'death list' spread in and around Utrecht last week. The list links one Dutch-Moroccan man from Nieuwegein to 17 assassinations and attempted assassinations, RTL Nieuws reports based on information from website Boevennieuws.nl.
The man talked about on the list is Redouan T., the leader of a criminal gang, according to the broadcaster. The document contains information about the assassinations themselves and their background. The attacks described happened in the Netherlands, Spain and Morocco.
The Dutch and American authorities want ING to provide insight into future corruption risks as part of a settlement on four money laundering and fraud cases against the Dutch bank. The authorities hope that additional monitoring will reduce the risk of ING getting involved in such corruption cases again, the Financieele Dagblad reports.
The Public Prosecutor will prosecute website Geenstijl for publishing a sex tape of Dutch celebrity Patricia Paay last year, the Telegraaf reports.
Telegraaf Media Group, parent company for both Geenstijl and the Telegraaf, refused to comment on the case. Geenstijl also reports the prosecution on its website. No announcement was made on the Public Prosecutor's site.
The video in question was posted on Geenstijl in February last year. It was removed a short time later, at the instruction of Paay's lawyer Johan Langelaar.
Former anti-radicalization official in Amsterdam Saadia Ait-Taleb will be prosecuted for forgery with invoices. She is suspected of messing with payments to a vlogger with whom she also had a personal relationship. He too will be prosecuted, NOS reports.
The forgery with invoices involved an amount of around 300 thousand euros. There were unspecified invoices, double payments and other irregularities, according to the broadcaster.