The police arrested a second suspect for involvement in the assassination of crime writer Martin Kok in Laren in 2016. The 25-year-old man from Utrecht was arrested in Den Bosch on Tuesday, NU.nl reports.
One of the suspects arrested in connection with the murder of Reduan B., brother of key witness Nabil B., was released from custody. The 34-year-old woman was suspected of illegal firearm possession, but investigation did not connect her to B.'s murder in Amsterdam-Noord in any way, the Public Prosecutor said on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
According to the Prosecutor, weapons were found in the woman's home, where she lives with her partner. But at this stage there is no reason to keep her in custody. A magistrate in Amsterdam released her on Thursday morning.
In the investigation into the murder of Ergin Başakçi in Rotterdam last year, the police are turning to Amsterdam, Delft and Diemen. More and more clues are pointing towards these cities. The Public Prosecutor offered a reward of 20 thousand euros for information that leads to the solving of this case, the police said in a statement.
The trial against 17-year-old Angelo S. from Den Bosch, suspected of murdering 14-year-old Savannah Dekker from Bunschoten last year, will start in June. The court in Utrecht reserved June 18th and 19th for the trial, AD reports.
The bodies of a man and a woman were found in a home in the village of Nieuwe Pekela on Saturday morning. According to the police they did not die of natural causes.
The police discovered the bodies in the home on Kienholt around 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. The home was closed down as a crime scene and the police are investigating.
The victims were identified as the residents of the home, a 58-year-old woman and a 62-year-old man. Their bodies were taken to UMC Groningen for examination.
The police have clear footage of the man who murdered 41-year-old Reduan Bakkali in Amsterdam on Thursday morning. The gunman was filmed by security cameras in the building in which Bakkali's business is located, the Telegraaf reports.
According to the newspaper, the perpetrator was caught on camera when he entered the victim's business for a job interview. He shot Bakkali when he waked upstairs with him.
The brother of key witness Nabil B., who was shot and killed in Amsterdam on Thursday morning, chose not to accept all the protection measures the Dutch authorities offered him, spokesperson Ties Kortman of the Public Prosecutor said, according to newspaper AD.
The police want to make contact with the people who gave anonymous tips regarding the whereabouts of 17-year-old Orlando Boldewijn from Rotterdam, specifically the person who told the police where to find his body. "We would like the anonymous tipsters to report themselves", a police spokesperson said to the Telegraaf.
A 24-year-old man from Utrecht was arrested for the murder of former criminal and crime writer Martin Kok in Laren in 2016.
The suspect was already detained in the prison in Alphen aan den Rijn on suspicion of another crime, RTL Nieuws reports. He was again arrested on Wednesday morning on suspicion of involvement in Kok's murder. He is in restricted custody, which means that he is only allowed contact with his lawyer.
The police and Public Prosecutor prevented a convicted murderer from escaping while traveling to or from the court in Amsterdam, the police said in a statement.
According to the police, the criminal involved is 35-year-old Surailie I., who is serving a 15 year long prison sentence for murdering Souhai Laachir in the Scheepvaartmuseum during the Waterfront Festival in May 2013.
A 46-year-old woman was found murdered in a home on Julianalaan in Wernhout, Noord-Brabant during the early hours of Sunday morning. A 47-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of involvement in her murder. The victim is the resident of the home, the police said in a statement.
The police responded to the home around 3:10 a.m. on Sunday and found the woman murdered inside. The suspect is in custody while the police investigate his involvement. "It is still unclear what exactly happened in the home", the police said. "The detectives are keeping all scenarios open."
Michael P., the man charged with the murder of 25-year-old Anne Faber from Utrecht, stabbed her to death after raping her on September 29th last year, was revealed in a pro-forma hearing in this case on Friday. P. himself was not present at the hearing, NU.nl reports.
A man with a criminal record was shot and killed in the Noord-Brabant town of Schaijk on Thursday afternoon. Two boys on bicycles found the critically injured man in his car on Rijksweg around 3:00 p.m., he was shot shortly before that, the police said in a statement. Omroep Brabant identifies the victim as 51-year-old Henk Baum from Nistelrode. He died at the scene.
John Christopher Ludwick, who claimed that he helped Joran van der Sloot dispose of missing teen Natalee Holloway's body, was stabbed to death on Tuesday as he tried to abduct a woman in Port Charlotte, Florida, CBS News reports.
The court in Leeuwarden sentenced brothers 33-year-old Admilson and 32-year-old Marcos R. to life in prison for two robberies that turned fatal for three victims, RTL Nieuws reports.
The two brothers from Hoogeveen were convicted of shooting and killing 55-year-old Berend Smit from Dwingeloo in November 2012, and strangling Jan and Greet Veenendaal, both 77 years old, from Exloo to death in July 2013. In both cases money was stolen after the murders.
On Wednesday the police started searching a number of cellars, garages and sheds in the Amsterdam neighborhood of Wittenburg. They are looking for any suspicious situations that may have to do with recent fatal shootings in the neighborhood, Het Parool and AT5 report.
The Public Prosecutor demanded prison sentences of up to 30 years against the seven suspects in the mistaken identity murder of Amsterdam DJ Djordy Latumahina and the attempted murder of his girlfriend and daughter, NU.nl reports.
A 14-year-old boy was convicted of murdering his parents in their home in the Friesland village of Katlijk in September last year. On Thursday the court gave him the maximum sentence possible for a convict of his age - a year in juvenile detention and institutionalized psychiatric treatment, RTL Nieuws reports.
Michael P., the man suspected of raping and murdering Anne Faber, must serve the rest of the sentence he previously got for rape and extortion, the Public Prosecutor demanded in the court in Arnhem on Thursday. P. was previously sentenced to 12 years in prison for raping two underage girls in Nijkerk in 2010 and for multiple muggings, RTL Nieuws reports.
Men in the Limburg region massively responded to the police's call to give a DNA sample for a kinship investigation in the 1998 murder of 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen from Heibloem. On Saturday alone, 1,225 men gave samples. The police even opened an extra collection point in Landgraaf to process the massive response, the Telegraaf reports.