The murdered brother of key witness Nabil B. did ask for protection, and not only for a "limited form" of security as the Public Prosecutor previously said, sources told Amsterdam newspaper Het Parool.
Two young men were sentenced to 20 and 25 years in prison for assassinating two men in Rotterdam-Beverwaard in December last year. The two perpetrators were both 18 years old at the time of the murders, NU.nl reports.
Nurse Rahiied A. will be prosecuted for 10 cases in an investigation into multiple murders by insulin. The man is suspected of administering overdoses of insulin to residents of nursing homes in the Rotterdam region while he worked there as nurse. Another two suspicious deaths are still under investigation, the Public Prosecutor said during a pro-forma hearing in the case on Monday, ANP reports.
A 29-year-old man from Barendrecht was arrested on suspicion of involvement in the death of 29-year-old Bianca van Es from Rotterdam. Stephan K. was Bianca's ex boyfriend. She ended their relationship a few days before her death, several sources told newspaper AD.
The Rijksrecherche launched an investigation into the flow of information around the investigation into the murder of four men in Enschede last month. Over the past days many details about the murders were leaked and the Public Prosecutor is "very concerned", De Gelderlander reports.
The police arrested a 57-year-old man on Tuesday for murdering Robert Sengers 14 years ago. Sengers was shot and killed in the Noord-Brabant village of Esbeek on September 8th, 2004. The police reopened this cold case last year..
The suspect was already in prison for another crime, though the police did not say what crime. The 57-year-old man is now also suspected of murder and "will be questioned", the police said.
The police are investigating the death of Bianca van Es. The 29-year-old woman was found dead in her home on Luntershoek in Rotterdam under suspicious circumstances on Friday morning. An autopsy found traces of violence on the young woman's body, but her cause of death is still a mystery, the police said in a statement.
A team of 20 detectives is working on the investigation. Police officers spoke to a number of local residents and witnesses, forensic experts investigated the victim's home, and detectives are currently viewing available camera footage.
Four men being murdered in a grow shop in Enschede earlier this month may be the result of a conflict over bad cannabis cuttings, sources from the Twente cannabis world told RTV Oost. Three suspects, a 57-year-old father and his two sons aged 30 and 32, bought a batch of cannabis cuttings that turned out to be of poor quality. They went to the grow shop to get their money back and things got out of hand, according to the broadcaster's sources.
The police arrested a third suspect in connection with the murder of four men in a business premises in Enschede earlier this month. The suspect is a 30-year-old man from Twente. He is suspected of involvement in the murders, the police said.
On Monday the police already arrested two men aged 32 and 57 on suspicion of involvement in the quadruple homicide. These two men are also suspected of an assault, in which shots were fired, in Hengelo on November 7th.
Two men from Hengelo were arrested on Monday on suspicion of involvement in the murder of four men in Enschede earlier this month. The two are also suspected of a serious violent crime committed in Hengelo, the police said in a statement.
The incident in Hengelo happened on November 7th. A man was assaulted, threatened with a firearm and shots were fired, the police said. The suspects are 32 and 57 years old. They were arrested in a house in Hengelo and on the A1 near Enter.
Marco Kroon was also raped while on a secret mission in Afghanistan, the decorated soldier said on talk show Pauw on Wednesday, where he talked about his biography Kroongetuige, NU.nl reports.
The police arrested a 51-year-old from Schiedam for involvement in the murder of mental health director Rob Zweekhorst in Berkel en Rodenrijs on January 1st, 2014. The arrest is the result of an investigation "that never stopped", the police said, according to NU.nl.
The police released photos of four men murdered in a business premises in Enschede last week. Investigators hope that the public can provide more information about the victims, specifically why they were in the building on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat together and why they were all shot to death, the police said on Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday.
Peter P., 63 from Heino, will be prosecuted for the death of his 54-year-old wife Durdana. She was found dead on a sailboat off the coast of Colombia on September 19th, 2015. P. claims that he and his wife were attacked by masked men, but the judiciary thinks he killed her himself, AD reports.
Two of the four men who were found killed in a business premises in Enschede on Tuesday were arrested in June after a large amount of cannabis was found in the same building, the police confirmed. The police believe that all four men were shot to death, NU.nl reports.
The victims were identified as a 43-year-old man from Enschede, a 34-year-old man from Hengelo, a 27-year-old man from Hengelo, and 62-year-old man from Arnhem.
Four men were found killed in a business premises on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat in Enschede on Tuesday. According to the police, initial investigation showed that they were killed by violence. The identity of the victims are still under investigation.
The police responded to a report of an incident at the building around 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday. They found the bodies inside. The building and area around it were closed down as a crime scene for forensic investigation.
A 21-year-old man was arrested for involvement in the murder of 51-year-old Henk Baum from Nistelrode. Baum, who had a criminal record, was gunned down in his car in the Noord-Brabant town of Schaijk on March 22nd.
The suspect was already in custody on suspicion of involvement in several cases of arson and an explosion in the Oss area in early October. He was arrested in his cell in the Middelburg Penitentiary Institution on Friday, the police announced on Monday.
The police identified the woman found murdered in a home on Herenstraat in Culemborg on Monday as the 47-year-old resident of the home. A 31-year-old man arrested for involvement in her death is still in custody on suspicion of murder or manslaughter.
A Dutch trade mission to Saudi Arabia in December will definitely not happen. Minister Sigrid Kaag of Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation will not go to the country because of the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, Prime Minister Mark Rutte said on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
Zamir M., the 31-year-old man suspected of murdering 24-year-old medical student Laura Korsman in Utrecht on July 11th, said that he remembers little of the incident, the court noted during an introductory session in this case on Tuesday. M.'s lawyer Annemiek van Spanje refused to respond to the court's comment, NU.nl reports.
"I met with my client on Tuesday morning and agreed to not react substantively yet", the lawyer said to the newspaper. "But I can place the comment."
A woman found dead in a Culemborg apartment on Monday morning, was killed in a violent crime, the police confirmed. A 31-year-old man from Culemborg was arrested. He was the person who told the police where the woman was to be found, De Gelderlander reports.
At this stage nothing further is known about the identity of the victim or the circumstances of her death. The police were in the home on Herenstraat investigating all day on Monday.
The court in Rotterdam sentenced 59-year-old Albert B. to 18 years in prison for raping and murdering two prostitutes in the city in the 1990's. The court found it convincingly proven that B. was the person who committed these crimes, NU.nl reports.
Minister Wopke Hoekstra of Finance canceled his planned visit to an investor conference in Saudi Arabia next week, following the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi after he visited the Saudi consulate in Turkey. The consultancy firm that organized Hoekstra trip confirmed that the Minister is no longer going, ANP reports.
Surveillance camera footage show Khashoggi entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 3rd. There is no footage of him leaving again and he hasn't been seen since. There is still much confusion about what happened to him.
The police arrested a 20-year-old man from Amsterdam on Thursday for a fatal shooting in which 19-year-old rapper Bolle was killed on Wednesday afternoon. Whether the arrested man is suspected of being the gunman or of another role, is not yet clear, Het Parool reports.